AmTrust Financial Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at AmTrust Financial.

Interview

Large Red Flags during the in-person interview with the Project Manager.

The biggest red flags were the answers to a couple of my questions, but the major one:

Who do I ask questions to?

Red flag; essentially questions and talking with the PM (the team's immediate boss) for advice, resources/ expenditures, or problems are forbidden.

In retrospect, I should have immediately responded by standing up to start to leave, thanking the PM for the interview and told them this position will not work for me, then walked out. Any one who gets a similar response would walk out of any interview regardless of the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AmTrust Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at AmTrust Financial (Cleveland, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward problem solving interview for coding problems.
    Interviewer gave me the option to give the interview in VB or C#.
    I chose C#.
    There were some basic sql problems to solve.
    And finding problems in some printed code.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AmTrust Financial in November 2011.

Interview

I came in through a recruiter. The interview process involved a few of their employees (who were all friendly!) asking me questions relating to the skills needed for the job and going over some examples together as a kind of test. It seemed like a good place and I left the interview feeling like it was a pretty good place with good people working there.

Interview Questions

• None were too difficult or unexpected, just make sure you know the different types of SQL joins before going in!   Answer Question