Amadeus IT Group Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in March 2012.

The interview consisted 1:1 with 5 Team Lead Engineers and Director of Engineering. The Director of Engineering is very friendly and smart. The 1:1 was entirely filled with technical questions on Java, C++ and SQL.

The office is small and has a mundane atmosphere. This is an R&D branch and therefore they are busy with product development. Hiring decisions are extremely slow. Overall, the interview was nice but administration could have been better.

Corporate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in June 2010.

Everyone that I encountered during the interview process was very professional. The HR team based out of Miami was nice, but seemed to be a step behind on everything (maybe not their fault). The interviews were pretty standard fare, but challenging due to some of the accents that were encountered.

Interview Questions
    • What negative impressions do you have of Amadeus based on what you have seen of heard of the company prior to talking to us directly?   Answer Question

Better opportunity came along.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in August 2014.

After submitting application and cover letter, HR will call you and ask a few questions about your background, the role you want and why and then invite you to a recruitment day. At the recruitment day there is a technical exam, multiple choice questions on OOP in java or c++, followed by a tricky think outside the box question that will usually require knowledge of algorithms and maths to solve.

No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Issy-les-Moulineaux (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Issy-les-Moulineaux (France)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in August 2014.

I received an request for an initial phone interview from the HR, for a job I had applied online several months back. She asked me if we could have a phone interview at noon, to which I obliged.

At noon, no phone call. After waiting for 15 minutes, I managed to reach her on the phone and she simply said, "I will call you back in a few minutes."

The few minutes turned out to be two hours later. As I was already in the middle of another meeting, we agreed to reschedule the call for 4:00 in the afternoon.

At 4:00, again no phone call. I tried to reach her several times, at the end of the hour I emailed her to reschedule our meeting to another day. She replied with an email saying she was busy and agreed to the new time I proposed.

On the third attempt, she does call me on time, however, only to say she had double-booked her meetings and she would call me after an hour.

Finally, on the fourth attempt, she is available. Unfortunately, I had to cut the interview short as I realized they were looking for a bilingual French speaker (which was not specified in the job description). This was a shame as I had clearly stated in my application, and again reminded her in our email exchanges, I was not.

Needless to say, the hiring process was one of the most unprofessional and negative I have ever experienced. It was clear she had not reviewed my profile or read my emails in order to assess a proper fit.

I suggest, if to interview with this company, to be very clear with the recruiter at the start of the process of the requirements. You will have to drive the process yourself and find whether you fit the role, as they are very weak in terms of organizing this.

Interview Questions
    • It was an initial discussion so there were not really difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in December 2013.

Put my CV on Monster, got called after a few days (twice). Technical interview on the phone was very easy, I just needed to know complexity of Quicksort and differences java/C. Personal interview had almost no technical questions. The managers were mostly interested in personalty, they value a lot international experience.

Interview Questions
    • Does dynamic programming run forward or backward? (After stating that it consist on using previous solutions of smaller problems to compute the next solution). Is tricky since it works "forward", but sometimes it is usefull to keep track of the selections to retreieve a detailed solution (ex, the path in a graph)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in June 2011.

One interview, technical but not so deep in detail. Some general question about processes, thread, concurrency, educational background, previous experiences, work and projects. He gave me the opportunity to ask some questions.
    Why I want to join Amadeus and my motivations.

Interview Questions
    • Why I took 5 months more than "the exact time" to get my CS Engineering Degree   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in April 2014.

I started as an intern for my Master Degree; after the end I was contacted by a recruiter and I started the hiring process.
    First step are online test on SHL platform:
    - verbal test (reading and comprehension)
    - numerical test
    - psychological test
    - english test

After a couple of day, the recruiter phoned me again to set up an on site interview. The interviews are 5 in one day. There are 3 managers, 1 HR and a director.
    On average the interviews are quite standard: motivational and personal questions and some technical aspects related to your profile.
    After one week I got the offer.

No negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in July 2010.

Some exams (english, reading, math, psychological). Several interviews (technical/psychology)

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to work as a software developer if you were developing hardware before.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nice (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nice (France)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in August 2013.

Phone interviews, numerical and verbal reasoning tests, personality test, HR interview, 2 Technical Interviews

Interview Questions
    • An algorithm dealing with the manhattan distance and how to get from A to B without passing through certain points.   Answer Question

Marketing Programmes Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nice (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nice (France)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in June 2013.

standard interview questions: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for this company

Interview Questions

Worked for Amadeus IT Group? Contribute to the Community!