Amadeus IT Group

Getting the Interview

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview consisted 1:1 with 5 Team Lead Engineers and Director of Engineering. The Director of Engineering is very friendly and smart. The 1:1 was entirely filled with technical questions on Java, C++ and SQL.

The office is small and has a mundane atmosphere. This is an R&D branch and therefore they are busy with product development. Hiring decisions are extremely slow. Overall, the interview was nice but administration could have been better.

Interview Question – Questions on Java and C++ basically.   Answer Question

Corporate Consultant Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – Everyone that I encountered during the interview process was very professional. The HR team based out of Miami was nice, but seemed to be a step behind on everything (maybe not their fault). The interviews were pretty standard fare, but challenging due to some of the accents that were encountered.

Interview Question – What negative impressions do you have of Amadeus based on what you have seen of heard of the company prior to talking to us directly?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity came along.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Programmes Trainee Interview

Nice (France)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – standard interview questions: tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for this company

Interview Question – there were not difficult questions to answer   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Nice (France)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interviews, numerical and verbal reasoning tests, personality test, HR interview, 2 Technical Interviews

Interview Question – An algorithm dealing with the manhattan distance and how to get from A to B without passing through certain points.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group.

Interview Details – I have been contacted by a recruiting company which is very common in the sophia antipolis area. After half an hour of chat about my CV and skills she said that she will pass my CV to Amadeus. After a week I went to the on-site meeting with a department manager. Apart from motivational questions, he only asked me 2 simple C++ questions and that was it

Interview Question – Three things about why we should hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have not made any, but people did and got some raises.

Product Development Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group.

Interview Details – Very long and not sure it is very well evaluated. Having the right contacts in the company could be more helpful than contacting the HR department. However you still have to gear up yourself and performance well during exam and interviews to present your personal value in order to be hired.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Around four months.

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group.

Interview Details – First, a standard telephone interview about some basic programming questions. The only one that threw me was, 'tell me about the most complicated thing you had to program?'. Next is a short set of programming questions, quite easy. Then there is an in house interview with HR and a manager, which lasts about an hour. There is no problem solving or anything like that, but you need to be explain to explain what you have done so they can see if it will be useful. Finally there is another interview with a Director which you have to wait in a room for about an hour and then be interviewed for about 10 minutes. Quite easy and people are very nice, the interviews are not really anything to be worried about, they just want to know what you have done in the past. Note that this is for permanent staff, for contractors there is sometimes no interview at all and if there is one it is usually a short phone call.

Interview Question – What is the most complicated thing you have had to program?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy to negotiate, and I got what I wanted. Oddly enough, they sent me a spreadsheet with details of what their range was after I accepted and it turns out they were prepared to pay even more than I had negotiated, so i suggest you go high.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – An online test, then Assesment Center, then a final interview

Interview Question – After doing your MSc. what would you have done differently in your former job?
Tell me a tool to asses performance in C++
  Answer Question

C++ Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amadeus IT Group

Interview Details – Applied online, then had an interview one week later. A easy paper test followed by an interview with 3 panels. Two weeks passed, no results yet.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sydney (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview. We were on the phone for half an hour. The interviewer was not native English speaker. Anyways, the questions were mainly based on the projects that I've been involved and a couple about C++ and database, general questions, nothing special.

Interview Question – There was nothing special, abstract class, database optimization etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amadeus IT Group

Worked for Amadeus IT Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amadeus IT Group interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amadeus IT Group employees and interview candidates.