Amadeus IT Group Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Worcester, MA
Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in March 2012.

The interview consisted 1:1 with 5 Team Lead Engineers and Director of Engineering. The Director of Engineering is very friendly and smart. The 1:1 was entirely filled with technical questions on Java, C++ and SQL.

The office is small and has a mundane atmosphere. This is an R&D branch and therefore they are busy with product development. Hiring decisions are extremely slow. Overall, the interview was nice but administration could have been better.

Other Interview Reviews for Amadeus IT Group

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group.

I have been contacted by a recruiting company which is very common in the sophia antipolis area. After half an hour of chat about my CV and skills she said that she will pass my CV to Amadeus. After a week I went to the on-site meeting with a department manager. Apart from motivational questions, he only asked me 2 simple C++ questions and that was it

Interview Questions
    I have not made any, but people did and got some raises.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group.

First, a standard telephone interview about some basic programming questions. The only one that threw me was, 'tell me about the most complicated thing you had to program?'. Next is a short set of programming questions, quite easy. Then there is an in house interview with HR and a manager, which lasts about an hour. There is no problem solving or anything like that, but you need to be explain to explain what you have done so they can see if it will be useful. Finally there is another interview with a Director which you have to wait in a room for about an hour and then be interviewed for about 10 minutes. Quite easy and people are very nice, the interviews are not really anything to be worried about, they just want to know what you have done in the past. Note that this is for permanent staff, for contractors there is sometimes no interview at all and if there is one it is usually a short phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complicated thing you have had to program?   Answer Question
    Easy to negotiate, and I got what I wanted. Oddly enough, they sent me a spreadsheet with details of what their range was after I accepted and it turns out they were prepared to pay even more than I had negotiated, so i suggest you go high.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in October 2013.

I had a phone interview. We were on the phone for half an hour. The interviewer was not native English speaker. Anyways, the questions were mainly based on the projects that I've been involved and a couple about C++ and database, general questions, nothing special.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing special, abstract class, database optimization etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in July 2010.

Had an aptitude skill test which is an online test - pretty easy if you know the basics of maths and english language.
    Technical interview - just basic stuff
    Client round - just a casual round to know the client
    no calls to previous manager

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in June 2011.

it was total of 4 rounds, an aptitude test, 2 technical , and a final hr round. technical interview lasted 2-3 hours,

no negotitaion for freshers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nice (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Nice (France)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in April 2013.

I applied through a consultant company. There was just an interview, with an Alten project leader. He was quite a smart guy and was very busy. The interview was focused only on technical questions regarding C++, SQL and distributed architectures. I had no much experience on distributed architectures, so in the last part of the interview I just replied with a long "I don't know" series.... For someone that has already experience in that field it shouldn't be a problem to answer, since the questions on C++ and SQL were quite basical questions

Interview Questions
    • Indexers in SQL and their comparison
      Distribute architecture and databases programming
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nice (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nice (France)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in February 2013.

I got an interview call from an IT consultancy company for the Software Engineer position. Then I had an interview with a project manager at Amadeus. After two weeks they gave me the feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Questions mostly related to previous project. Advantages and disadvantages of c++ and Java. Multithreading, design patterns.   Answer Question
    I got reasonable offer. I think you should negotiate if you feel that it's not proper offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biot, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (France)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amadeus IT Group in February 2013.

I agreed about an interview in Sophia-Antipolis with Astek for Amadeus.
    They allowed me to choose a suitable day and time. Before the interview with the Amadeus Manager I had a quick talk with an Astek's Consultant. We then moved to Amadeus Head Quarter for the interview.
    No technical questions were asked. I just needed to make a quick presentation, explain why I decided to work for Amadeus and what I'd like to do in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. On the other hand I thought the interview would have been more technical.   View Answer
    They simply offered a good job and it was impossible to say no.
    Need to wait some weeks to have a feedback, do not be impatient!

Software Engineer Interview

Face to face interview. The manager asked me a few technical questions, such as the difference between process's and threads, software development phases, differences between C, C++ and Java as if I know what is object oriented programming.

Interview Questions
    • Software development phases and the difference of thread and process. As a new graduate engineer this questions are the hardest to answer since in my course we didn’t have talked too much about this. I feel that the manager was looking for someone with more experience, but they should know my situation.   Answer Question

Worked for Amadeus IT Group? Contribute to the Community!