Amadeus Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amadeus (Worcester, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted 1:1 with 5 Team Lead Engineers and Director of Engineering. The Director of Engineering is very friendly and smart. The 1:1 was entirely filled with technical questions on Java, C++ and SQL.

The office is small and has a mundane atmosphere. This is an R&D branch and therefore they are busy with product development. Hiring decisions are extremely slow. Overall, the interview was nice but administration could have been better.

Corporate Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amadeus (Chicago, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Everyone that I encountered during the interview process was very professional. The HR team based out of Miami was nice, but seemed to be a step behind on everything (maybe not their fault). The interviews were pretty standard fare, but challenging due to some of the accents that were encountered.

Interview Questions

• What negative impressions do you have of Amadeus based on what you have seen of heard of the company prior to talking to us directly?   Answer Question

Better opportunity came along.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amadeus (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial interview will be with HR. Once you get past HR the hiring manager or managers will interview you.

Interview Questions

• Any question in reference to web services and or mobile applications.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Low starting salary but raised it to fair market value. Added sign on bonus.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amadeus (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was smooth, however the last interview with an engineer depends a lot on the engineer you interview. First step is the online code skills interview, and then you go to the on-site recruitment day with a group of people, where they give you a test and you have a technical and an hr interview. and then you go to meet the manager

Interview Questions

• A test was given on c++ both online and when you go to the recruitment day   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

Online test was sent via agency, multi-choice 20 question to complete in 30 min, which contained explicit errors. You were expected to get at least 16 correct answers out of 20. I failed with 15. Compiler dependant questions were asked. Wording errors in questions.

Interview Questions

• obj * arr = new obj[10];
      delete arr;

1 Answer

Digital Experience Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

1. Initial contact by HR coordinator who will ask you to take 3 online tests
    a. English Language (very easy)
    b. Maths (Moderate - but you need to have a calculator handy)
    c. Logical Reasoning (Moderate)

2. Next there will be a 30 minute interview with the line manager
    - The person who i spoke to was not interested in me talking through my CV, rather she pinpointed elements and asked about those
    - focus was on standard digital (online) channel work - UX, wireframing etc
    - why do you want to focus on digital etc
    - It is important to ask about the level of the profile on offer and the grade etc (I didn't and suffered)

3. On being successful here, they will invite you to Nice, France
    - fly you by a budget airline even though they are in the airline industry !
    - put you up in a motel just a little better than a youth hostel (thankfully no bunk beds) if you need one

There were 4 interviews planned in through the day
    A. They have a 1 hour session with a recruitment specialist who is doing a psychometric analysis - questions like what do you feel about moving to Nice etc, what is your motivation behind seeking a job change
    B. Meeting with a person from their marketing team - easy discussion about what needs to be done from the direction in which the industry/company is moving
    C. Meeting with a senior head of the unit - he spent quite a bit of time explaining the organisation structure and where this role came in
    D. Interview with the line manager and someone else at the same level as the line manager - in-depth on agile and web development and digital skills

4. A week later a final interview round with someone really senior in the organisation who introduces herself as "Hi I am Mrs. XYZ" (very very formal person) - questions like what do you understand by digital ? why digital ? Why amadeus ? (initial plan was for 40 mins, mine got done in 20!)

5. I got an offer a week later :( [around 30% less than my current salary - and they don't negotiate]

Interview Questions

• Digital skills + Experience in Agile   1 Answer

Java UI Developer- Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amadeus (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview consists of an online technical test, it was comparatively easy (with basic questions from HTML, CSS and JavaScript). After I clear the test there will was an interview with the hiring manager (mix of behavioral and technical). After the telephonic round I was called for an onsite interview with the hiring manager. The interview was general behavioral and some general technical question which was related to my previous experience. After that I was called for a final round of interview with the director and HR. The final round was a mistake as they claim that they found someone more technical suitable in my feedback mail (that is completely fine with me but what is not fine is calling again for another round, wasting a whole day and money, yes, I value them as I am a student). It was surprising that the first onsite does not consists of any technical questions as such. The interview was really good and they still claims to have found someone technically more suitable. Well, in my opinion you need to take a technical interview to check that and if the profile was not suitable, you have not called me for an interview in the first place. There seems to be a not so clear interactions between the hiring managers or HR. The HR round was disgusting, When I say customers are important and should be given importance, the reply shocked me, he says they do not have a competitor and they do not care as there is no other options for their customers (as Sabre is American based and Amadeus is European)- arrogance to its core. Well, I will never be your customer or anyone that respect my opinion (but yes you don't care as you are the sole provider- seriously!). When I was talking about the company values- he interrupted me saying you must have read that from some websites (not in a way to move forward but kinda making fun out of it)- of-course genius, where else will I get the information?
    The body language of the HR was not something you expect from an HR manager- you are Human Resource, you need to respect people- they are the reason you have a job.

Anyway, I arrange a feedback call and I was told the same thing (that they found someone more technically strong) and when I ask for an explanation of why there was a judgement on my technical abilities when in the first place there were not any technical interviews, the HR got irritated and replied in a harsh tone saying this is what he got from the hiring managers (well then why would you make me call you if you do not have the right information and if you are supposed to read out the result- I already got that in an email, the only reason I called is to know more details and have a proper feedback not the result that I already have). Congrats Amadeus! your HR does not know the meaning of 'feedback'.

I may seem like a sore loser but this is what happened with me and I think people should know this.

QA Engineer Manual Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Amadeus.

Interview

The Interview process was bit long i got a call from consultancy to go for the direct payroll,
    i had 3 rounds all were technical n more on Testing, waiting for my last telephonic round now.

C++ Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Amadeus (Antibes (France)) in February 2015.

Interview

Premier entretien téléphonique avec les ressources humaines. puis programmation entretien téléphonique avec le manager. entretien téléphonique très simple. Pas de questions techniques juste des informations sur les langages connus et les préférences

Interview Questions

• Les technologies que j'utilise   1 Answer

C++ Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amadeus (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I took an online C++ test. The test was consisting of 20 multiple selection questions and duration was 30 minutes. All the questions were in a single basic page so there was no "Next" or "Previous" buttons etc. There was a timer but you need to click Submit yourself before 30 minutes finished. The questions were not difficult but the quality of test page (code lines, alignment etc.) and questions was not very good. I am sure at lest one question wouldn't compile at all as there was a parenthesis error. When you see a question is wrong you become suspicious of others too which is very bad.

Interview Questions

• pointer arithmetic, copy constructor, polymorphism, public & private members, delete vs. delete[], STL map   Answer Question