Amadeus

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

The worst hiring managers you can see anywhere. Recruiters approaching the candidates from Ivy league schools and then turning them down without any reason. Never waste your time interviewing in this poor company.

Other Interview Reviews for Amadeus

Software Engineer Interview

A phone interview from HR, it lasted half an hour with all technical questions and no behavior questions. Questions are not difficult, just some basic knowledge of C++, as it is the main language they use.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amadeus.

Applied online, got a call from HR to setup first phone interview with manager.
    Went for around 50 mins.
    Still need to go for on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience. Issues faced, how the issues were tackled.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amadeus in March 2012.

The interview consisted 1:1 with 5 Team Lead Engineers and Director of Engineering. The Director of Engineering is very friendly and smart. The 1:1 was entirely filled with technical questions on Java, C++ and SQL.

The office is small and has a mundane atmosphere. This is an R&D branch and therefore they are busy with product development. Hiring decisions are extremely slow. Overall, the interview was nice but administration could have been better.

3 rounds
    refer shl tests
    one verbal round(gre type questions)
    second is di round
    interview there are 3 rounds
    be very specific about the profile that you want, they sometimes act deaf towards it.
    its not a very tough interview to crack.U just need to be very smart and confident.

Interview Questions
    • What is normalisation,indexing,lift programming,c basics,sql,puzzles   Answer Question
    No since i was a fresher.no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antibes (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Antibes (France)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amadeus in January 2015.

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks.

I was contaced by a recruiter, then he organized a phone interview with the company manager. After the positive feedback i went for a technical interview in their offices. No difficult questions, we talked about my latest projects with some general questions about java.

Interview Questions
    • General questions: differences between java and c++, Java Garbage collector, an example of memory leak   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amadeus in September 2014.

The 1st round was a SHL test which included Verbal and Data interpreattion questions.
    Almost 13 of us were selected after the 1st round.
    Then all of us went thru 2 technical interviews...where more stress was given on strings,Oops concepts , Dns working (DCN)and basics of projects u have done.
    Hr was very smooth and they asked abut.."why amadeus?"..be prepared with all suchnd was a nice experience.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amadeus.

I have been contacted by a recruiting company which is very common in the sophia antipolis area. After half an hour of chat about my CV and skills she said that she will pass my CV to Amadeus. After a week I went to the on-site meeting with a department manager. Apart from motivational questions, he only asked me 2 simple C++ questions and that was it

Interview Questions
    I have not made any, but people did and got some raises.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amadeus.

First, a standard telephone interview about some basic programming questions. The only one that threw me was, 'tell me about the most complicated thing you had to program?'. Next is a short set of programming questions, quite easy. Then there is an in house interview with HR and a manager, which lasts about an hour. There is no problem solving or anything like that, but you need to be explain to explain what you have done so they can see if it will be useful. Finally there is another interview with a Director which you have to wait in a room for about an hour and then be interviewed for about 10 minutes. Quite easy and people are very nice, the interviews are not really anything to be worried about, they just want to know what you have done in the past. Note that this is for permanent staff, for contractors there is sometimes no interview at all and if there is one it is usually a short phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complicated thing you have had to program?   Answer Question
    Easy to negotiate, and I got what I wanted. Oddly enough, they sent me a spreadsheet with details of what their range was after I accepted and it turns out they were prepared to pay even more than I had negotiated, so i suggest you go high.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amadeus.

Process started with an online test on shldirect.com consisted of two sections DI and English reasoning ,practice beforehand on the site, level was very high don't forget to bring your calculators.

Interview process consisted of following questions
    Introdcution
    Subjects I hated
    Why amadeus
    Some puzzles easy(why manhole round)
    U have any blog
    Some questions from resume(college activites)
    reverse string
    count no. of occurences in string
    Example of team person

Interview Questions
    • They were just asking your favorite subject and then said tell me everything you know about it.   Answer Question