Amalgamated Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amalgamated Bank in January 2011.

Interview Details – The Hiring process was done exceptionally, very fast and all the required information was provided

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or expected questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Branch Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amalgamated Bank in July 2012.

Interview Details – someone from HR call me to schedule an interview. I got there and they had 50 other people to interview as an open house. Interview was with someone from HR who looked lost. did not ask any job related questions all generalities. she said at the end of the night they would get together and select candidates for a real interview. ???? I dont want to work for that bank. I hope they dont call me. seems like a waste of time

Interview Question – what experience do you have in banking   View Answer

Reason for Declining – too disorganized for me

Very Easy Interview

EDI, Accountant Interview

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amalgamated Bank in June 2009.

Interview Details – Well I worked for the company already as a senior teller and there were bids that have to go through. I saw a post for and applied for numerous post in the accountant field. So I was called for a few interview but I never get the position. I honestly believe that the positions are already promised to their friends which come from the carribean island. The interviews were never more than 3 minutes not counting the amount of time that they had me wait for them while they did whatever they was doing. I remember I was waiting in the office for about an hour just to get interviewed. The shortest interview was about 1 minute. I got very discouraged and I later left my job and decided to go to school fulltime so that I can get a beter job in the future I am now 3 classes in to graduating with a Associate in Accounting and I plan on continue until I get my CPA,.

Interview Question – Did I have a degree   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Amalgamated Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amalgamated Bank interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amalgamated Bank employees and interview candidates.