Amarillo College

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Career Counselor Interview

Fresno, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Amarillo College in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was offered the position from within, During the phone interview I was asked to describe my own career goals and how I would handle the pressure of revamping a struggling department. I informed the employer that I would creat an action plan and was hired.

Interview Question – How will you improve a struggling department (job search and counseling) in a difficult economy?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Let them come to you with an offer first. If they ask you how much you would like to make ... Research Research Research! Check to see what the normal rate of pay is for the position you are applying for, then assess your qualifications and any personal financial requirments ( cost of living etc) When you negotiate make sure you have a Logical and informed reason for your price. And most importantly do not settle for less

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Amarillo College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amarillo College interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Amarillo College employees and interview candidates.