Amazon India Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

3.5

Senior Device Associate Interview

Introduction followed by scenario discussion followed by a personal interview followed by another face to face interview and then a final round with the program manager

Interview Questions
    • What extra apart from the routine work did you do and how did you manage to accomplish it   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not flexible

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

5 Rounds which comprises of telephonic,3 Technical and a HR Round

Interview Questions
    • Whats your weakness you would hesitate to tell it out?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon India.

I was hired during campus placements. We had a written round followed by 4 rounds of interviews. Three were technical relating to problem solving, data structures and object oriented design. The last round was behavioral and in my opinion, they were trying to gauge which team would I be the best fit for.

Interview Questions
    • In a sequence of integers with the property that any integer is different by +1 or -1 from the previous number, provide a search algorithm for finding an integer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. Campus placements are rarely negotiable.

SDE-1 Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon India in August 2013.

First round was a coding round.Two questions were asked.
    Follwed by 4 technical rounds, purely based on coding.

Interview Questions
    • n number of players are fighting each other. We have to find which player belongs to which group. There can be only two groups.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon India in September 2014.

very well structured interview. There were many rounds after the first screening round I was asked to visit there facility in Bangalore. Very supportive HR and Interviewers. I got a feeling they all love Amazon too much. Felt Great

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of RCAs done in the past.. be more detailed..   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon India in August 2014.

there was one online test round .. 20 aptitude questions and 2 coding ones... I did one coding question correctly and the second one partially . In aptitude I think I got around 12-13 correctly.
    For the 2nd round they called all the selected students to their office, and it was a pool campus interview (students from more than one campus).
    there were 3 interviews, all absolutely technical and focused on Data Structures and Algorithms. The only non technical question I was asked was the first question in my first interview which was "Tell me something about yourself"... thats all ... no other non technical question in any round.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were difficult but they were not looking for absolute answers , they focused on the approach, and once you have an algorithm for the problem You need to code it and explain.
      So, it was kind of tough but they were supportive. And its not that you need to get your answers correct but you need to think out of the box.
      there were 2 questions in each round ,and each round lasted for about an our.
      from personal experience I can say, don't give up just becoz it looks difficult, becoz I got almost no answer correctly But still I got selected for the fourth round. "The bar raiser round".... 6 out of 29 people made it to the fourth round, which will be scheduled some day in the next 2 weeks.
      they said we wil either have a job or at least the internship.
        Answer Question

Transaction Risk Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon India in August 2014.

I went to the grammar test and I was pretty sure I would get in but the people who waited for the timer to finish got in and the ones who clicked submit first got kicked out by the computers. I

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon India in August 2014.

A test which contains 22 questions (12 technical from DS,OS,netwrks,C etc and 8 apti.)+2 coding questions.
    Interview from DS... very strong logical and programming skills required .Ques can be any from trees or linked list.... and you have to optimize fr ech answer as they'll ask to do

SDE2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon India.

The process takes huge time -- a really huge time. The questions will be mostly on algorithms and design and they are purely on luck to get answer unless you go through geeksforgeeks and mug up all the ways to solve problem. I like this way but Amazon sometimes need to see candidate's prior profile and the work he already knows. Flipkart is doing that and that's why they are over taking amazon in user experience and quality of delivery specially in India. If amazon wants to be soo good, they have to concentrate also on work more than only algorithms.

Second, the number of rounds are 8-10 for this position. If you cross all the rounds and get offer you feel good else, you feel really really bad. If at any round, candidate is found unfit, you should send him to home rather than extending till bar-rizer. Bar-rizer will be good but the problem is expectation is too much and specially if you are attending over phone, you have two problems. First the communication over phone and second writing the code in collabedit.

Anyways overall process of amazon is good and candidate learn a lot. But candidates with prior knowledge, prior work history and willingness to join amazon should consider rather than only knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • My last round was over phone and my mobile was not getting proper connection, luck is difficulty.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon India.

Amazon had come to my campus this year for a software development profile. The interview process was conducted very smoothly and quickly (in one day). 1 online test was conducted (1hr) as the first round. The test had apptitude based questions, C/C++ and 2 coding questions.Interviews were conducted soon after. Interviewers were very calm, helped a lot. Scalable code is the key.

Interview Questions
    • Backracking & Dynamic Programming along with codes for certain questions   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon India? Contribute to the Community!