Amazon Lab126 Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

3.1

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Typically process. Hr calls , 2 more technical phone interviews. Ask about c++ factory and virtual functions. Ask what I do at current work. Not a very happy process. Don't recommend this place.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that prints all the permutation of a string. Sting has no duplicate characters. For example. ABC.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in September 2014.

Two phone interviews. 1st: Recruiter called from his LinkedIn searches. 2nd: Technical interview where I was asked to devise a test plan for an elevator that has a life span that is 10 years longer than competing products. What kind of QA process would make sure that products meet requirement before being shipped to customers. I was then asked two coding questions (1. Write a function that returns first repeated character of a given string. 2. Design a hashtable/hashmap that has an expiration timestamp on objects stored in it. For example, any objects that have been in the hashtable longer than 1 hour are purged automatically. This is to verbally describe the design.)

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me if I am aware that the position I am being interviewed for is lower than my current one.   View Answer

Advanced Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in September 2014.

After being referred to by a past co-worker, was contacted immediately by a recruiter, who arranged a telecon for the next business day. Unfortunately, the position for which I was being considered was not posted, and the team role was not well understood on my side. After the conversation, I was able to ask some questions about the role and the team, and realized that my answers were not the strongest they could have been.

Interview Questions
    • How were you able to contribute to development of specifications to reduce quality risks.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

interviewed at Amazon Lab126 in September 2014.

one phone interview was held. Later an online programming test was held. The phone interview went well. It was mostly like the tell me about your self and some questions regarding the programming.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Phone Interview 1 : Technical questions from a Recruiter - it was ok. Just strange to be interviewed by a recruiter

Phone/Coding Interview 2: Nice guy from Seattle - very pleasant. Technical shared coding environment

Phone/Coding Interview 3: Pleasant person - I answered every thing. Even found problems with his code and question. Anyway - I was expecting to be called again, but was not. Polite email from recruiter that no feedback can be given about why they were not going to call again.

Hardware Development Engineer Interview

I got an on-campus interview for 90 mins. I was interviewed by two people. One was an engineer, and the other was a director. The process went smoothly and the questions are not hard.

Hardware Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Handed my resume at a career fair; didn't think much about it as I barely talked to a rep for the software side of things and just asked him to forward my resume to the hardware guys. I'm guessing they filter by GPA or something, since I have a decently high GPA (>3.5/4.0) and I got an email soon after asking to set up an interview. It was a 1.5 hour interview at my school's career center - two 45 minute interviews with different people. The first interviewer asked me some pretty simple technical questions regarding circuit components - e.g. how does a capacitor work, how does a diode work. I think I even answered incorrectly at first, but when he pointed out the correct answer, I had just gotten it opposite, so we agreed I must just be having an opposite day! The second interviewer went over my resume with me and asked me some more personal questions - this interview was more relaxed (not that the first technical interview was too serious either). A little over a week later, I received an offer by email.

I'm pretty sure it's non-negotiable for interns

Data Engineer III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in August 2014.

I applied on Amazon job portal for this position and got recruiter call almost after 2 months. I had even completely forgot about it. After initial talk with recruiter, I was waiting to get technical interview setup but no response for more than 1 week. Later the recruiter sent me mail saying they are moving ahead with another candidate. I really didn't understand if they wanted to move ahead with another candidate why did they spend time talking with me initially and not even giving me opportunity to get interviewed later. At the same time another recruiter from their same team contacted me and scheduled my interview with hiring manager. First recruiter didn't know anything about this. The interview went very well and the hiring manger confidentially said that they would like to call me for face to face interview and i should hear back for same very soon. Again no response for 1 week. I kept following with the second recruiter who had like completely forgot me. Finally second recruiter contacted to the very first recruiter and first recruiter forwarded me her earlier mail about "moving ahead with another candidate mail". What a mess!!!!! I replied both recruiter saying second recruiter had scheduled my interview and I had already talked to hiring manager and they would like me to come for face to face interview. Then first recruiter replied me saying they didn't know that happen and would get the feedback from hiring manager and let me know. Next day I got mail saying they don't want to move ahead. Overall I experienced a completely unprofessional interview process and kind of feel ignored and least bothered. They them self contacted me after 2 months of application, later without giving any opportunity just communicated that moving ahead with other candidate. Hiring manager said they want to have next level of interview and later communicated they are not interested in my profile. A complete waste of time and keeping hopes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all. Hiring manager just evaluated me based on my experience from my resume to make sure if I can be a suitable candidate and if next level of technical interview can be scheduled or not.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in August 2014.

I directly contacted a manager via a friend. I talked with her and she said there were no current positions open, but she liked my resume/experience so she talked with her supervisor. I think she reorganized her team a bit, since Lab126 was expanding in the coming months. She and an HR person came back to me in a week and started up the interview process. I went through 3 phone call interviews and proceeded to the on-site interview which was 5-6 1on1 interviews. I was given an initial offer about 1 week after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • I had a coding question which was given to me with about 5-minutes remaining. The problem was to determine how to get from an initial word to an end word in the least amount of steps. Each step consists of changing only 1 letter and transforming the word into another valid word.
      Example: CARD -> CORD -> CORE -> MORE

Answer Question
    My negotiation was a relatively long phase. The initial offer came on Wednesday and my final acceptance was on Monday. I was in the midst of an interview phase with another company (Apple) and every talk I had with Lab126 to delay/get more time, they increased the offer by a little bit. The offer was incremented by small amounts 4 times. It's worth negotiating.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in August 2014.

Decently balanced interview, friendly interviewers. Lots of coding questions, was given a varied types of scenarios to analyze and solve. web based, performance, hardware level details were covered.
    Overall experience was okay.

Interview Questions
    • path to find in a multi dimensional matrix for maximum/minimum values.   Answer Question