Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon Lab126
- Software Development Engineer (25)
- Hardware Engineer (8)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Software Engineer (7)
- Software Development Engineer II (7)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (6)
- Engineering (6)
- Technical Program Manager (6)
- QA Engineer (5)
- Hardware Development Engineer (4)
- Senior Technical Program Manager (3)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (3)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (3)
- Product Design Engineer Intern (3)
- Engineering Manager (3)
- Engineering Program Manager (3)
- Product Design Engineer (3)
- Hardware Development Intern (3)
- Research Scientist (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Manager (2)
- Engineer (2)
- Senior Product Manager (2)
- Senior QA Engineer (2)
- Hardware Engineer II (2)
- Intern (2)
- Senior Software QA Engineer (1)
- Attorney (1)
- Graphics Software Engineer (1)
- Hardware Design Engineer (1)
Senior Technical Program Manager Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in October 2013.
Very well organized. 5 interviewers from various disciplines, SW development, HW development, Program Management. Mostly 1:1 interviews but some panel interviews. Interviews lasted the entire day. Mostly asked behavioral type questions. Remember: STAR
- Describe a program that went wrong. What did you do? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126
Senior Technical Program Manager InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Cupertino, CA) in March 2013.
I saw that Amazon had Technical Program Manager jobs available in San Francisco so I applied via the careers section on their website. I didn't hear anything for two months so I figured that they had passed on me. I then saw another posting, this time in Cupertino, so I tried again. Within a couple of days I was contacted by one of their recruiters. I've got a fair bit of experience so he quizzed me about my suitability for a more senior position that he is trying to fill. Unfortunately I didn't meet their criteria of having 50 people reporting to me within the past three years. It's interesting how short a time frame they use to decide if someone has the experience they need. The recruiter suggested that my experience was appropriate for a Senior Technical Program Manager position so I have been interviewing for that job. I've had two phone interviews so far, one with a Senior Technical Program Manager and the second from an Engineering Manager. The questions that they use for interviewing Technical Program Managers are a mix of project management and technical questions.
- When have you mentored someone, describe the experience? Answer Question
Senior Technical Program Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon Lab126 (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2012.
Standard 5 person interview panel, each focusing on a different area of experience. Each interview took 30-40 minutes so about 4 hours total. Nice people, relaxed atmosphere. I wanted to join this team by the end.
- What new product should Amazon create? Why? How would you sell the idea to Jeff Bezos? Answer Question
I negotiated to delay my start date by 3 months so I could volunteer to work for a non-profit.