Amazon Lab126 Senior Technical Program Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in March 2013.

I saw that Amazon had Technical Program Manager jobs available in San Francisco so I applied via the careers section on their website. I didn't hear anything for two months so I figured that they had passed on me. I then saw another posting, this time in Cupertino, so I tried again. Within a couple of days I was contacted by one of their recruiters. I've got a fair bit of experience so he quizzed me about my suitability for a more senior position that he is trying to fill. Unfortunately I didn't meet their criteria of having 50 people reporting to me within the past three years. It's interesting how short a time frame they use to decide if someone has the experience they need.

The recruiter suggested that my experience was appropriate for a Senior Technical Program Manager position so I have been interviewing for that job. I've had two phone interviews so far, one with a Senior Technical Program Manager and the second from an Engineering Manager.

The questions that they use for interviewing Technical Program Managers are a mix of project management and technical questions.

Interview Questions
  • When have you mentored someone, describe the experience?   Answer Question