Amazon Lab126 Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014
Updated Jul 15, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126.

contacted through linkedin, 1 phone interview with hiring manager, 1 on site (7 hours with 45min interview each hour), then offer sent within 3 days. The whole process is pretty fast. Then goes salary negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126

Software Engineer Interview

I was invited to oncampus interviews. There, they were interviewing many other candidates for software, hardware, and other positions. I was interviewed in a large room along with all the other candidates. It was very odd since usually, interviews I've been in are conducted in a single room without distractions. I didn't like that anyone could basically hear what I was saying to my interviewer and vice-versa. I interviewed with 3 engineers. The questions weren't hard but the engineers wouldn't tell you anything they actually worked on. I guess I did well enough because they asked me for one last phone interview. I thought I did well too but I eventually did not get an offer and they did not explain why.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in June 2011.

Interview took about 40 min and consisted of technical questions. Interviewer seemed interested in determining range of knowledge. I thought it went ok. No feedback from them or any response after almost a week.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in May 2011.

I've had one phone interview by hiring manager about 45mins long. The questions ranged from technical to general work preferences (in that order).

Interview Questions
    • What is a static function? What is a static variable?   Answer Question
    • What is a virtual destructor and why would you use it?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in November 2010.

I submitted resume at career fair. They set up phone interview which went good. The interviewer asked me to mail my school project code.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in October 2010.

Two technical phone interviews within 3 days. First was okay. Second was with a guy that was lost and had someone shadowing him. Obviously he wasn't comfortable talking and just asked the prepared questions.