Amazon Lab126

Amazon Lab126 Technical Program Manager Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Program Manager Interview

I have been approached by several Amazon recruiters via LinkedIn, and my resume has been in their DB. At some point I was contacted for a researcher position, something I didn't look for but became intrigued by based on subsequent research. Interviewer deemed me overqualified (lengthy, senior responsibilities vs. the 3-5yrs the job called for) and took it upon himself to submit an internal referral. From there, I was contacted by a Lab126 recruiter for a selection of openings, and we went with the TPM position.

Phone screen w/ a current TPM. Typical behavioral questions. Interviewer was sharp and picked up on and dug into details. Signs suggested it went reasonably well.

A week of radio silence passed and I emailed the recruiter. Expected another phone screen based on internet research, but the reply said they'd like to fly me out.

The on-site day was grueling. Back to back to back interviews. While I obviously would have been allowed a break if I asked, with each interviewer coming in on the heel of a departing one, I just wanted to get on with it.

Lunch (cafeteria) was w/ the director - seemed a good person to report to. Smart, expects a lot of his people, but kind/empathetic. I was relieved to relax a bit. More interviews followed. Being someone who gets de-energized by having to talk all day long I was drained at the end of the day.

All in all I found everyone I spoke w/ (incl. very first phone interviewer) seemingly very experienced, intelligent, hard-working...people I would respect and enjoy working with. Left w/ positive feelings about Amazon.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon Lab126

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon Lab126.

Internal Referral.
    Passed from one recruiter to another, poor coordination.
    Recruiters responsive until first phone interview complete.
    Phone interview with employee in similar role lasted approx one hour.

Interview Questions
    • Typical position related questions.
      Describe a project that failed and why

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in March 2013.

Phone interview screen by hiring manager and on site interview for 4 hrs with four technical person and HR. The recruiter followed up quickly and kept me informed about the process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an sample of the decision you made without sufficient data. The process and outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in January 2013.

Interview process was smooth. The recruiter got in touch with me and arranged a 1st phone interview with the hiring manager. There was a follow up phone screen and then I was invited to onsite interview. The interview was 3 hours long with 6 people. Got the response within 2 days to an offer. Smooth process and it took 2 weeks from 1st screen to an offer.
    Questions were more to gauge your progress in career and situational experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon Lab126 in March 2010.

I was referred to the position by and employee. The interview process was pretty straightforward. I had a phone screen by a recruiter and then a 1/2 day of interviews by my Director, my boss, 2 team members, and a couple of peers. Questions included "what were your responsibilities at your previous job", "how would you debug/perform failure analysis on a product", and "where do you see yourself in 5 years"

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my salary higher by using glassdoor's salary ranges for program managers in the Cupertino area.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Questions about real situations as a pgm