Amazon.com Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.7

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview for their Amazon Local group in Seattle. They asked a number of questions about my experience. They also asked the typical situational questions that you read about here.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an unpopular decision.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two recruiter calls. Typical stuff, very nice lady. I could not get the most basic comp plan or OTE information out of her. She just kept saying "you will be very pleased with the salary and signing bonus." I thought this was odd because recruiters usually want to know if both parties are within the right earnings range before proceeding. She then gave me a "homework assignment" and I almost fell out of my chair. I have +20 years in enterprise SaaS sales... but I figured I would play along to try and learn something. She gave me a full page case-study outline asking me to find and locate a local enterprise that was not currently selling product through amazon and to write up a target account analysis and sales plan. I estimated this at easily be 4-8 hours of work for the "chance" to get a job where the salary is unknown. Of course I backed out not wanting to do target account analysis work for free. I did however, offer to invoice them at $250 per hour if I did not get the job. She did not think that was funny. (i did)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through online/campus recruiting. Initial 30 minute phone screen consisting of almost purely behavioral questions "give a time when you...etc." and one or two short case questions that were fairly simple. Received email to schedule final round interview for the next month. Final interview consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with people who work in the department that lasted 30 minutes each. Questions were a mix of behavioral, resume/background, and case questions that are designed to evaluate how your experiences and work style match with Amazon's Leadership Principles.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

The interview process was all on the phone and when I got to the actual hiring manager after the third call/phone screen, the position I thought I was interviewing for had changed. I was then told I was interviewing for a different position. I didn't feel prepared for the interview as it went from an inital partner/B2B focus to a complete B2C focus.

Interview Questions

• I can't pinpoint one question standing out as more difficult. However, there was a big disconnect between what I thought I was interviewing for and the questions I was being asked to answer. It was all about "quantifying" the results and the hiring manager kept asking me questions that were only applicable to B2C in terms of measuring outcomes. My experience in B2B account management was very different, so it seemed as if we were having two separate conversations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Strenuous interview process. Lots of repetitive questions. Your in person interview is with 4 separate people, 45 mins each. One of them is a "bar raiser" and asks tougher questions

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a manager. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds of interviews. Phone screen, phone interview and then in person interview with 4 different managers. Questions are all situation based. Have high level answered prepared. I heard back within 2 weeks with a job offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to ask "why" 8 times before you got an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to split the difference on what was offered vs what I needed.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

contacted by a recruiter, phone screen first, phone interview with recruiter second, in-person on-site interview last. Questions were very in-depth, and the interviewers were very engaged the conversation to dive deep into your response. Was notified of inclination to hire within 3 days.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone interview. It went well, however it was quite formal. A lot of "Tell me about a time when...". However, I made it through to the final round of interviews. This was pretty intense. It was 2 hours, segmented into 4 30 minute interviews.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process goes - 1) cv & cover letter 2) quick phone interview - why the job / why us. 3) longer phone interview -competency & role play. 4) online numerical & verbal tests 5) finally is an in house assessment day - this consists of 5 interviews and 4 case studies Each interview on the assessment day will last 45 mins with the case studies lasting 15 mins Whole process lasts about 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they just tell you what you're going to get paid. Its well above the average.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

applied on the end of September 2013, Got screening call on the mid of October, got telephone interview after several days. need to answer competency questions and carry on a role play as a account executive

Interview Questions

• what do you analysis skill you used in SPSS when you carried on the research?   Answer Question