Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Developer Engineer Interview

Applications Developer Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online with no refer. The recruiter contacted me by email and scheduled the first phone interview.
The first phone interview goes well. Some basic questions about project and then programming with java. Given two integer array, write a function to return the intersection and union of two array.
After one week, the recruiter gave me an positive feedback. I suffered difficult time during the second interview. The interviewer's English with accent, was so hard to understand. Because the coding website was dead that day, I read the code to the interviewer. The questions were quite easy. One was merge two sorted array, another one was return the first no-repeated character in a string.
About one week later, I got the third time phone interview. This interviewer must came from the same country with the second one...He gave me an dictionary like problem. We talked about what data structure to use, and he let me to write code to realize it. I do pretty well at the coding part. The mistake I could remember was the time complexity part.
They rejected me after one week.

Interview Question – The accent problem.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Applications Developer Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.