Amazon.com

Updated Feb 11, 2015

3.4

Programmer/Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com.

First you will be called for Written test . Written test will not be online test. They will give question paper and plain sheet to write the program. Then if it goes well 2-3 rounds will happen. Then HR round. overall experience was good.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program which take " I am fine" as input and gives output " fine am I"   Answer Question

Seller Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Took two two days. online test is a bit difficult. 4 rounds total. nice environment. good communication skills must. 2 ops round. 2 online 1 HR . Graduation mandatory. typing skills, sentence re construction.

Interview Questions
    • are sellers customers to Amazon or not?   View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Worst experience, they took 6 rounds of interview and after 6 rounds of interview feedback came as below.

Pros:

Coding , Automation , Good energy , invent & simplify , Test case remuneration , Debugging,

Cons:

Few illogical comments.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I applied through a job portal and got the call from Amazon HR for SDE2 position and 3 technical rounds of interview was scheduled on weekend.

I cleared 3 rounds and I was told that there would be telephonic interview on midweek.

Later before the interview HR called me up to inform that the feedback from 3 rounds of interview was that I am good for SDE1 position and not SDE2. HR also told me that if I am fine with just SDE1 position then I can proceed with the interview.

And the reason for considering me for SDE1 and not SDE2 was that I was not good at software design, but in those 3 rounds of interview that I had given, I was just asked about algorithms and nothing about design.

I felt HR was trying to push me for SDE1 position so that they can get a 5+ years of experienced software developer for less compensation. Nevertheless I rejected to give any further rounds of interview.

Overall interview process was good and interviewer were friendly and helpful. But the above HR response was shocking and I feel probably overall HR/Management is not that great.

Anyways below are the interview questions for anybody who are interested:

1. Reverse the bit of a given integer.

2. Give a efficient data-structure/algorithm for auto-complete/auto-correct of a word typed in a search bar.

3. Find kth largest element in 2 sorted arrays.

4. Find longest increasing subsequence in an array.

5. Find the largest rectangle in histogram.

these are pretty simple questions, you can find the answers in google!.

Risk Investigator-TRMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

resume screening - reasoning (very easy) - versant round (pearson voice and accent) - operations (decision making skills) - salary negotiation - documentation-pre hire orientation - offer letter....
    nothing unexpected.. better have a look at job description in advance .

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected.. better have a look at job description in advance ..   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Was interviewed for Associates team in Bangalore. Worst experience. Three people talked to me in September. The 2 Senior developer managers didn't know anything about development. Zero. Wasted my time. And never will I work with such morons who think they can manage developers without any acetate knowledge.

I didn't join.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

It was a good process with a lot of interesting questions. Going to their interview helped me learn new algorithms. Overall it was fun and a good experience. The HR people are friendly and nice.

Interview Questions
    • A question about tree traversal, it was a basic question but I had no idea about trees.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Got a call from HR dept , arrived office on a week ends and had the first round. they are looking for pure algorithms experts. i am very good in java language but their expectation is on algorithms which i cant do much better.. any its worth to try

Interview Questions
    • write a program which will to get all the values from a binery tree. i may be simple but i nevered brushed up   Answer Question

SDE2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul. Its a first round Telephonic Interview. This position is for Kindle team i believe. Interview is taken by Rahul.

Interview Questions
    • Q1. print binary tree in zigzag order
      Q2. difference/explain all kinds of sorting
      Q3. I have a number in mind. Can you tell your approach to find it?
      Q4. How do you split a string into meaning ful words? ex: icandoit -> i can do it

View Answer

Web Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This is my interview experience with Amazon, India . I reached on time , but they asked me to wait around 100 mins , and later HR called me in.

F2F round :
    1. what is the current Java script version
    2. what are best practices for HTML/CSS/JS 3 . How do you improve web site performance
    4. What are new improvements in Java script
    5. What are the promises () and deferred ()
    6. Explain closures
    7. Which project do you like most , and why ? in your current organization
    8 . Few questions about web accessibility
    9 . How to make align div exactly center of web page 10. Questions on HTTP/HTTP's , http sessions , and what parameters browser will send and response parameters
    11. CSS questions , on selectors

Coding Round :
    1. shuffle items in array
    2. Write a function to find power of numbers , example POW (2,2)

Manager Round :
    1. Explain about your current project
    2. Questions on best practices
    3. How do you update yourself
    4. How do you make cross domain requests without JSONP

Interview Questions
    • just prepare algorithms , there interview process is quite very easy but they focus on alternative solutions like alternative to AJAX etc ..   View Answer

relocation issues , and offered less than I expected .