Amazon.com Brand Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2012.

I was initially contacted about a planning position but moved into this role instead after 2 phone interviews. Started process over for second roll with 2 phone screens before being flown in for a full day of interviews (7 people). The full day of interviews is intense. There is lots of good information on glass door about the types of questions to expect. Of the 50+ questions I prepared answers for (found on glass door), I was asked at least 75% of them. I spent a lot of time preparing for the interviews and it paid off.

There is a "bar raiser" interview and hiring manager and the "bar raiser" need to agree in order for you to get hired in most cases. My bar raiser was not as intense as some of the others I read about on glass door, but I could tell who he was because his title didn't match the others in the loop of interviews. Mine was a director of finance and I was not interviewing for a finance job.

Overall process was intense and stressful, but well worth it!

Interview Questions
  • What is your legacy at your previous job?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you needed to make a decision but didn't have all the information that you needed.   Answer Question
Not much room for negotiation on base salary. Was only able to get that up a few thousand, however the sign on bonus (if one is offered) is where they are able to increase significantly.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

I was contacted by the recruiter soon after applying for the position on line. Two phone interviews followed with the hiring manager and his counterpart. I was then flow to Seattle for a 1 day interview that consisted of 8 interviewers, 45 minutes each, back to back. Was very let down by the experience once I got there and pretty much tanked the interview on purpose. No one was smiling at the company and while I was interviewing from 8:30 am to 2pm, no lunch or food was offered to me other than some snacks in the interview room (which the interviewers where shocked to find...and I was not going to eat during the interview). The atmosphere was depressed as was the decorating of the buildings...which had chain link fence as part of the interior design?? It was quickly apparent that Amazon has little regard for their employees personal lives and cares little about work/personal life balance. The compensation stucture is also dubious. I actually left the interviw mad and would not have considered ANY offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!