Amazon.com Brand Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.7

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Practice writing P&L statements and learn about Retail Math so you are familiar with the terms before hand. Be able to work well with groups and try to work with out thinking about the "observers" assessing you as you collaborate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Application

Interview

First I got an online assessment that consists of one logic or reason type test for 45 minutes, 20 questions and the other assessment is a 200+ personality test that lasts about 15 minutes.
    Then I was invited to Seattle for the final interview. It lasted 8-4 and entailed a lesson, and case studies. There was no individual interviews throughout the day.

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very interesting. The whole interview process is evaluated through group activities. You are able to work with the group but I felt as if I needed to stand out from my group, which was hard because I didn't come from a business background. Definitely learn the terms and functions that they give you before hand.

Interview Questions

• What is the market share of this item projected to be?   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Completed online surveys. Flown out to Seattle for a full day of interviews. Interview day very intense. Given data and scenarios and had to navigate what I would do in this circumstances. Overall the experience was challenging and I wish I had prepared for it more. Would apply again. Other candidates and people that worked at Amazon were very intelligent.

Interview Questions

• How would you increase profit revenues for product x given this information.   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

I didn't speak to an actual person until I arrived in Seattle. We had to do an accounting test, then a 45 min group case, followed by a 3 hour group case. They had people watch us constantly. These people never introduced themselves and seemed to never smile. I felt like a fish in a tank.

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2014.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter to gauge my interest. Following this initial screen, I had several phone interviews. Both were with Senior Vendor Managers. The bulk of the interviews were geared towards behavioral/fit questions; however, there were questions pertaining to retail. Specifically, pricing strategy and product introduction.

Interview Questions

• A lot of fit/behavioral questions, interspersed with questions regarding pricing strategy and product introduction.   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Interview

I applied through the career center at my university. after 2 weeks I received an email that i was invited to take an online assessment. i had only a few days to complete it. the assessment was challenging and fast paced. think GRE logic questions

Interview Questions

• a 100+ question personality test, all you can do is be honest, the questions are somewhat bizarre and there is no obvious right choice   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

There wasn't really anything on Glassdoor about the interview process for new graduates. This is mainly to help others in this situation. Basically, I applied through my school after a career fair for this position. There are two steps to the interview process: the assessment test and the in-person interview in Seattle. I only took the assessment test. The test consisted of logic-based questions and data interpretation questions. This was followed by the personality/behavioral part of the test. Hope this helps anyone in preparing for this!

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

Interview

First I applied on their website. Then, I was given an online assessment to take. A few days after the online assessment I was told that I was invited to the final round interview in Seattle. They put me up in a hotel Thursday through Saturday. I was not a fan of the actual interview process. We had only group interviews. There was an individual assessment, and then there were two group case studies. As someone who has no finance/ consulting experience, I feel as though the interview ultimately set me up to fail, so I was not happy with Amazon about that at all. I definitely don't expect to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The individual assessment on the day of the interview was hard. I felt as though there really was not much time.   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was reached out to by a sourcing recruiter, who said she had found a great opening for me if I was interested. I spoke with her informally first, then had a first round with one team member, followed by a second round with a higher ranking team member.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing specifically difficult. Make sure you know the core Amazon principles though!   Answer Question