Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com
- Software Engineer (702)
- Software Development Engineer (622)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (192)
- Area Manager (140)
- Software Developer (130)
- Senior Product Manager (100)
- Intern (86)
- Software Development Engineer I (78)
- Senior Software Engineer (76)
- Software Engineer Intern (75)
- Operations Manager (68)
- Product Manager (62)
- Technical Program Manager (57)
- Software Development Manager (56)
- Software Development Engineer II (56)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (45)
- Warehouse Associate (43)
- Financial Analyst (41)
- Program Manager (41)
- Senior Financial Analyst (36)
- Software Developer Intern (32)
- Business Analyst (29)
- Support Engineer (28)
- Brand Specialist (27)
- Senior Vendor Manager (27)
- Vendor Manager (25)
- Engineering (23)
- Fulfillment Associate (23)
- Financial Analyst Intern (22)
- Software Development Engineer I Intern (22)
5 people found this helpful
Business Analyst Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.
Applied on Amazon.com/careers, recieved an invitation for a 45 minute phone interview 5 days later.
First Interview: Interviewed with an Amazon employee, walked through the resume and asked 1-2 behavioral question, 3-4 SQL questions then drilled into business case questions. The interview lasted ~25 minutes.
Final round interview consists of 2 back-back 45 minutes phone interviews and a writing exercise.
- 1. If your results came out to be 100% contradictory to your hypothesis what would you do?
2. Do you think amazon should place a cap on the number of products a seller can sell? Why or why not?
3. If you have to think of a product that would be profitable to amazon, what would it be and how would you data mine the result?
4. If amazon places a cap on the sellers and sellers can only sell 100 products instead of 150, if you were the seller, how would you determine which products to keep? And how would you data mine it?
5. How good are you at Excel and SQL from a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the best?
6. What is your biggest accomplishment and how did you measure your success?
1. What is the difference between HAVING and WHERE?
2. What are the SQL clauses, in the right order?
3. Questions about different types of JOIN Answer Question