Amazon.com

Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.2

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Interviewed for a business analyst position in Seattle. I was very disappointed by the interviewers and the overall process. From the first two interviews, I sensed that the interviews had very big egos, but gave it a chance by going to the in-person interviews. There, I was met with more egotistical people who unfortunately were condescending at times and made it seem as if anyone working for Amazon.com was a genius and that person should count their blessings that Amazon.com thought they were "good enough." I still love the company, but was very, very disappointed by the quality of the people that worked there. Also, when they finally told me no, the recruiter basically was laughing at me since no one else had called me yet and that he was the first one - very professional.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

They are very responsive to online applications. I didn't expect a huge company like this to call me back pretty soon after my application. And the system is good, the HR could pull out the schedule of the interviewer directly without asking around and schedule the time for the interview. However the interviewer didn't seem to care about what I was saying, distracted all the time. Questions asked were like a format that applies to everyone, not specifically for the position. And he was a bit rude.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is different when you have huge data set?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2011.

a couple case/scenario questions to test your actual experience, which was really good.
    i think it will either push you to the front of the pack, or left behind. but its a good set of practical questions.

they don't really mention much about the work culture, but it sounds pretty relaxed and they are flexible.

i went through 2 phone interviews, first a director, then my supervisor/mgr that im reporting to.
    communication and interview process was really quick, they move right along the process and sift through the interviewees within a short time frame. but it shows that they are aggressively looking for people to fill up the openings, but it also concerns me that there might be churning going on at the division.

but for the younger folks, i think this would be good since they will keep giving you new projects to work on.

Interview Questions
    • what are ways to eliminate bottle necks   View Answer
    thru a recruiter, so not much there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2011.

Everything other candidates say about the overall interview process is true.

In my case the phone interviews (3 rounds) went pretty well. Amazon does like digging deeper into questions. Focus was more on what you have done challenging in the past and how your recommendations were used in terms of tactics. They like taking detailed notes on laptop or atleast give the perception!

In person interviews are very different from what I have encountered with other companies. It is chaotic to say the least. Looks like interviewers are put on schedule last minute. I could not even find out who I was reporting to! Some of the interviewers looked very distracted and disinterested in the whole process.I would say some of the interviewers are snooty. No role clarity.

Interview Questions
    • Business case question on finding profitability of a given product   Answer Question
    • What do you think you would have done different on a certain project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

2 phone screens, 5 on-campus interviews. People are really nice and they generally want to hire you. you need to be more precise and prepared for the interview. Phone screens are generally easy. more analytical questions and they want straight answers. on campus are great. every guy is checking a special quality and be more specific and think 2 times before you answer

Interview Questions
    • if we hire you, how long are you planning to stay in amazon   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2011.

Someone called me from the HR department and organized a phone interview for 2 days later. The phone interview took 75 minutes, after half an hour the interviewer told me that he liked my answers and I can ask any question that may help me in the second round. Second interview didn't seem as good as first one, but one day later they called me and asked to go to Seattle for the on-site interview. I love the company, no matter what happens in the next step.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

I had 2 phone screens one from hr and other from some person in that team sr analyst. they called for on site interview in 3 days and onsite interview was with 8 people among them two would be bar raisers you need get through them in order to get the job.

Not much

Business Analyst Interview

very good planning and implementation

Interview Questions
    • who is a best suited for Amazon a crisis manager or a risk mitigator   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied through a staffing agency. It took one weeks before I got reply. Then I did two phone interviews with manager and director. After two weeks, the staffing agency told me the position was already occupied and I couldn't get on-site interviews.
    Most of the questions during the phone interviews were expected ones, checking on the knowledge of SQL, why amazon? and so on.

Interview Questions
    • Not so really. Most of the questions are expected ones, checking on the knowledge of SQL, why amazon? and so on.   Answer Question

2 phone screens and 1 one day interview with 5 people