Amazon.com Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

2.8

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Completed an online application, was followed up a week later via email to take an online assessment. Passed assessment and arranged a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 15/20 minutes, standard questions about experience and scenarios. Was invited to attend orientation soon after.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a situation when you have had to deal with a angry customer, how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennewick, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Apply online, called in for interview, interview last about 30 min., called the end of week for job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, job set at $11.00 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

Phone interview, twice, and then hired after background check was completed. No in person interview was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the questions difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    With the economy as it is, and wanting to get in the door, I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2011.

One screening interview about 30 minutes long, with a mix of questions about basic technical computer ability and customer service experience. A second interview about an hour long consists of behavioral interview questions, e.g. "Tell me about a time when ..." These questions were related to topics such as customer service, thinking outside the box, taking initiative, and stress management.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you created or invented something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennewick, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2011.

About a week after applying on line I was called for an interview for the next week. I had my interview on a Wednesday and got my job offer on that Friday. I started my training the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you didn't handle a situation as well as you could have, what would you do differently, how should you have handled the issue?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

HR contacted me the second day I applied for the position to schedule an appropriate date for telephone interview. Few days later the interview was conducted. Questions:
    Where did you heard about this position?
    Why Amazon?
    What is a good Customer Service Associate for you?
    Tell about a time you had dealt you difficult customer? How did you approached?

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had dealt you difficult customer? How did you approached?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interviewing process took about 6 weeks. It was only by phone and online tests. Also i had to pass a language audit done by a third party firm. The first 3 phone interviews were done by the sffing agency and, after all the language tests, i had a final phone conversation with an Amazon representative.

no negociation....fixed salary + bonuses

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

Received phone and got interviewed. Question on when I have dealt with a difficult situation. How I solved the situation and why amazon.
    Received e-mail that I am to join the assessment 1 week later.
    There it took about 2 hours 4 different tests.
    1 Interview - 3 questions> when have you surprised a customer with reading his needs/problem?
    2 A time where I have done something out of my tasks assignment(as in when I have stepped in when needed without being asked or not being my domain something like that )
    3 A decision that I took on my own at work and how did it turned out.
    There was no eye contact as the person was writing down and writing down a lot.
    Then a second room 3 tests.
    WPM and making no mistakes.
    A letter to a customer who was not really happy.
    and 3rd exercise never saw what it was about just saw it was 2 questions but never had the chance to finish cause time ran out. it was 5 minutes test on wpm a presentation about amazon then the 20 minutes for next 2 exercises.
    then different room a fake customer service phone call. really pleasant and friendly. wanted to see how I react on phone and if I can multi task.
    4th back to test room a 9 questions test related with computers. example: how you copy a file to pen drive, how do you disconnect a pen drive, what is first thing I would think if a customer can't log into their windows because of user password(I wrote caps locks) and most difficult was difference between 3g and wifi I would say.
    Then we we're to wait for response by email if we passed or not and then if we pass it comes a 7 days training with working and 8th day exam if we would pass we would get the job.
    9 days after received email that I did not pass to next step.

Hope it really helps.

Interview Questions
    • When have you surprised a customer with reading his needs/problem?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2011.

There were 4 rounds
     1.Self Introduction among all participants
     2. Versant test(non verbal)
     3. Mock customer service chat
     4. HR

All they want is confident person who can speak english fluently. A good typing speed will end you in chat position or else you'll offered email support.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a scenario when you were really happy with the customer support   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

From filling out and the application it took about 2.5 weeks for them to respond. They scheduled an appointment for the assessment/interview. On the day, the assessment took about 2-3 hours. The assessment involves customer service scenarios, grammar and spelling tests, writing up an essay and a whole bunch of timed dictation tests. The assessment is stringent as it gets rid of the people who aren't able to cope (one can't really prep for it). After that the interview follows. Personally I felt like the assessment and interviews and tests should be done on different days so you can mentally prepare for each stage. The questions were based more on the behavioral aspects of the interviewee. It was a one man panel. Every one was friendly throughout the whole process. Only learned 3 weeks after that I was successful.

Interview Questions
    Not that I know of. Didn't ask as it was a great opportunity.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!