Amazon.com

Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.8

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

The entire process took about two weeks. Most of the process was done via email. I had to take two online assessments. One involved customer service scenarios. One was a personality test. The personality test took 45 minutes. I had a pre-interview over the phone on one day and an actual interview over the phone the very next day. The interview was scheduled at two but they did not actually call until five. Be prepared to wait for a bit.

Interview Questions
  • 1.Name a time when you used good listening skills.
    2.Name a time when you went above and beyond your job requirements.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

initial JAM, then versant test, then face to face. over all it was a pleasant experience if you're a customer oriented individual. this is one of the shortest process i have ever seen. more flexible people. wonderful experience.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I applied on line. After a week I was told to complete an assessment on personality. After being told that I passed, I got an email saying that they'll set up a phone appointment within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult/Unpected questions.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to go beyond what you job responsibility to help others.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to use your listening skills to resolve a problem.

Answer Question
    No negotiation. Interviewer told me I got the job right away! He was very softly spoken and seem to be very nice and kind. Loved it!

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

HR contacted me the second day I applied for the position to schedule an appropriate date for telephone interview. Few days later the interview was conducted. Questions:
    Where did you heard about this position?
    Why Amazon?
    What is a good Customer Service Associate for you?
    Tell about a time you had dealt you difficult customer? How did you approached?

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had dealt you difficult customer? How did you approached?   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interviewing process took about 6 weeks. It was only by phone and online tests. Also i had to pass a language audit done by a third party firm. The first 3 phone interviews were done by the sffing agency and, after all the language tests, i had a final phone conversation with an Amazon representative.

no negociation....fixed salary + bonuses

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

Received phone and got interviewed. Question on when I have dealt with a difficult situation. How I solved the situation and why amazon.
    Received e-mail that I am to join the assessment 1 week later.
    There it took about 2 hours 4 different tests.
    1 Interview - 3 questions> when have you surprised a customer with reading his needs/problem?
    2 A time where I have done something out of my tasks assignment(as in when I have stepped in when needed without being asked or not being my domain something like that )
    3 A decision that I took on my own at work and how did it turned out.
    There was no eye contact as the person was writing down and writing down a lot.
    Then a second room 3 tests.
    WPM and making no mistakes.
    A letter to a customer who was not really happy.
    and 3rd exercise never saw what it was about just saw it was 2 questions but never had the chance to finish cause time ran out. it was 5 minutes test on wpm a presentation about amazon then the 20 minutes for next 2 exercises.
    then different room a fake customer service phone call. really pleasant and friendly. wanted to see how I react on phone and if I can multi task.
    4th back to test room a 9 questions test related with computers. example: how you copy a file to pen drive, how do you disconnect a pen drive, what is first thing I would think if a customer can't log into their windows because of user password(I wrote caps locks) and most difficult was difference between 3g and wifi I would say.
    Then we we're to wait for response by email if we passed or not and then if we pass it comes a 7 days training with working and 8th day exam if we would pass we would get the job.
    9 days after received email that I did not pass to next step.

Hope it really helps.

Interview Questions
    • When have you surprised a customer with reading his needs/problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2011.

There were 4 rounds
     1.Self Introduction among all participants
     2. Versant test(non verbal)
     3. Mock customer service chat
     4. HR

All they want is confident person who can speak english fluently. A good typing speed will end you in chat position or else you'll offered email support.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a scenario when you were really happy with the customer support   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

From filling out and the application it took about 2.5 weeks for them to respond. They scheduled an appointment for the assessment/interview. On the day, the assessment took about 2-3 hours. The assessment involves customer service scenarios, grammar and spelling tests, writing up an essay and a whole bunch of timed dictation tests. The assessment is stringent as it gets rid of the people who aren't able to cope (one can't really prep for it). After that the interview follows. Personally I felt like the assessment and interviews and tests should be done on different days so you can mentally prepare for each stage. The questions were based more on the behavioral aspects of the interviewee. It was a one man panel. Every one was friendly throughout the whole process. Only learned 3 weeks after that I was successful.

Interview Questions
    Not that I know of. Didn't ask as it was a great opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I faced the interview in 2007 - Four Rounds were conducted starting with self introduction after clearing that we have to attend a written test which constitutes of aptitude and English after clearing the third round would consist of typing skills 40wpm and Internet proficiency test if we are cleared with all the three rounds the final round will be HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

First there is phone interview made from the recruiting agency, thana typing exercise than a written test about a possible customer question via e-mail. Than some days after the in person interview with one HR and an Hiring Manager. The athmosphere is relaxed and very friendly. The same day they give the feedback

Interview Questions
    • Question1: What did you do rise the bar in your previous position?
      Question2: Give us an example of a situation you had to dive deep to solve a Problem
      Question3: Can you tell us about a situation where you had to take ownership of a decision you made.

I did not negotiate