Amazon.com

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Interviewing process took about 6 weeks. It was only by phone and online tests. Also i had to pass a language audit done by a third party firm. The first 3 phone interviews were done by the sffing agency and, after all the language tests, i had a final phone conversation with an Amazon representative.

no negociation....fixed salary + bonuses

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

From filling out and the application it took about 2.5 weeks for them to respond. They scheduled an appointment for the assessment/interview. On the day, the assessment took about 2-3 hours. The assessment involves customer service scenarios, grammar and spelling tests, writing up an essay and a whole bunch of timed dictation tests. The assessment is stringent as it gets rid of the people who aren't able to cope (one can't really prep for it). After that the interview follows. Personally I felt like the assessment and interviews and tests should be done on different days so you can mentally prepare for each stage. The questions were based more on the behavioral aspects of the interviewee. It was a one man panel. Every one was friendly throughout the whole process. Only learned 3 weeks after that I was successful.

Interview Questions
    Not that I know of. Didn't ask as it was a great opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I faced the interview in 2007 - Four Rounds were conducted starting with self introduction after clearing that we have to attend a written test which constitutes of aptitude and English after clearing the third round would consist of typing skills 40wpm and Internet proficiency test if we are cleared with all the three rounds the final round will be HR round.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

--job was posted on recruiting site
    --applied online through amazon.com/gp/jobs
    --received an email confirming interview date
    --english language proficiency and typing skills test
    --once that was passed, interview with a manager and HR rep
    --I knew I was employed within 15 days of the interview
    --Entire process was conducted electronically besides the 1:1 interview

Not able to negotiate

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

I went through a consultancy.Firstly it was a personal introduction round and it was so simple.Questions like "why amazon?","done your b.tech but why this kind of job?",were asked.

Secondly,it was an online test consisting of multiple choice questions,completely about english grammar(Fill in the blanks).

After that reading,writing,listening test(online) was conducted.Reading a sentence a typing it in the given time(20 sec).Listening to the sentence or paragraph and typing it in given time and after that a sentence was displayed and erased off and we have to write it in our own words and then writing a letter to friend.

After that the hr round.Simple questions.something about my leadership qualities.relevant examples from b.tech and he gave me 2 situations and asked how would i react to that situations.Thats it.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in your b.tech?to test my leadership qualities.I frankly told i didnt do anything.Neither in organised some fests nor i participated in any.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Verysimple. Just english rounds that too very basic. Decent typing speed must.

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2012.

It starts with a basic intro round, where your communication skills are judged and after that a computerized english test is there called versant round which reviews speaking, listening, reading, writing skills and also your e-mail framing skills after that is a HR round and there you will get the job if you display your interest and confidence.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

First there is phone interview made from the recruiting agency, thana typing exercise than a written test about a possible customer question via e-mail. Than some days after the in person interview with one HR and an Hiring Manager. The athmosphere is relaxed and very friendly. The same day they give the feedback

Interview Questions
    • Question1: What did you do rise the bar in your previous position?
      Question2: Give us an example of a situation you had to dive deep to solve a Problem
      Question3: Can you tell us about a situation where you had to take ownership of a decision you made.

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)
    Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

The first interview was a test invitation that consisted in 3 tests. a computer test based in English, a writing one and a Excel one. If you pass these three ones you'll receive a feedback in 2 weeks and they'll invite you to a in-house interviews with three different managers.

Interview Questions
    • How you'll react and solve the problem if you will have to do three big projects for three important clients and the deadline is tomorrow morning? Consider that you wont be able to finish on time because of the amount of work you'll need to do.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

initial JAM, then versant test, then face to face. over all it was a pleasant experience if you're a customer oriented individual. this is one of the shortest process i have ever seen. more flexible people. wonderful experience.