Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

Interview Details – Went through the initial 45 mins of phone screening. Although most questions asked were pretty general and high level, I was not selected to move to the next round interview. The HR was very professional and addressed all the details for the meeting preparation.

Interview Question – Don't recall any difficult questions in specific.   Answer Question

Data Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – 2 round phone interviews before onsite. 1st phone interview hold by hiring manager, asked briefly about my background, sth on my resume, and some project experiences. Then followed by 4 cases. In a case, manager asked me to design tests, build variables, and choose models to evaluate an ads. Another case is about how to compare two ads, a lot of details about statistical modeling. 3rd case is to evaluate the distribution of the sales of a shampoo. Finally, I did a programming question. I wrote some codes our shared screen. That's a SQL inquiry problem, but I did it with R. Amazon was really efficient, the next day, I got the notification for the 2nd round phone interview, an engineer interviewed me a week later. It was all about probability problems and calculus, but really tough. I also did some programming in R. I didn't get the onsite interview.

Interview Question – How to design a test to compare the effectiveness of two commercials.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Got a call directly from HR without any pre-notice. Set up a phone interview with a manager in the next day. During the interview, she asked a lot about my intern pojects at Adobe, although I told her I can't talk too much about it. Later asked on simple coding problem and some behavior questions. Come on! who would ask behavior questions duing phone interview. Got the result today. I have some kind of bad feeling that she is really interested in hiring me or just want to get information about what other companies are doing. Thinking of turning down amazon interviews in the future...

Interview Question – behavior questions like how do you deal with deadlines, how do you make decision without many information available   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!