Amazon.com

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Very professional process. Top notch recruiter and interview cycle. Everything scheduled quickly and the process kept moving. Amazon has a tough reputation as a place to work, but there is a passion and transparency that works. If you're not prepared for that, watch out though! Absolutely everyone I met was top notch and I wouldn't hesitate to apply again or recommend to others.

Interview Questions
  • None really. Lots of behavioral interviewing structured around their leadership principles.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview process involved 4 phone screens and then a flight to Seattle for an 8 hour interview session. The interview process included several 1 on 1 interviews with all levels of management and then several technical deep dives.

Questions were very focused on the 14 principles and each interview was very very redundant with each taking detailed notes during the interview. For a company like Amazon, you would think they could coordinate who would ask which question. Also, the interview process was too long. Much of what could be accomplished could have occurred in 4 hours.

Interview Questions

The Seattle facility was poorly laid out. Job was very very restrictive in scope and did not lend to growth.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

I had several conversations with the recruiter that led to a face to face meeting with the hiring manager. That process alone took several months. Then after two more months, I was invited to do to Seattle for an interview loop - 7 interviews in 8 hours with various members of the management team with whom I would have direct or indirect working relationships with. Questions were very behavioral based, seeking very specific answers and examples. Had to provide a 2-4 page written interview question response in advance of the face to face interview loop.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one specific question that was most difficult, but it was the amount of additional probing that several of the loop panelists continually pursued. Although this was a management position, there was a significant obsession with actual engineering metrics and measurements used in decision making. A couple of the interviews seemed to be wanting to create conflict in the interview all the while they pounded away my answers on their laptops which was extremely annoying. The process really lacked an actual personal interest in the candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Recruiters are very solid and organized. The interview process was smooth with the exception of one person. The hiring manager took diligent notes about the ideas I offered (not notes about my responses to the canned/standard questions). Everyone was very friendly but the general atmosphere is cold, dark and sterile.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult business decision you had to make where a complete data set was not available.   View Answer

Better offer from Disney.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2011.

Questions were only about how would i fix, change or grow Amazon. No questions were asked relative to my background, my knowledge base or my experience. Overall an odd set of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If you had unlimited resources, how would you change Amazon?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2009.

Process started with 2 phone screen, not fluffy HR interviews, but serious in-depth discussions with senior managers. After that was a full day of on-site interviews with 5 different people of mid and senior level. I found the interviews to be very directed and thoughful, and walked out with a good deal of respect for the company and the people.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions were around customer situations, aimed at assessing how I thought about revenue/business from the customer standpoint. Some math required, but nothing hard.   Answer Question