Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview Details – The questions in the interview are algorithm design and coding.

Interview Question – validate BST   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2011.

Interview Details – The process was smooth and I talked with some excellent people. I didn't prepare in advance and I think that helped, as all my responses were genuine.

Interview Question – How would you design x system. Now imagine you need to scale that 1000x   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Concerned about work/life balance.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview was very pleasant and open ended. Was also tested on my skills, so have pen and paper ready to answer technical questions if asked. I was able to ask questions of the interviewer at the end, so have those in place, and the interviewer was very responsive. I am awaiting to hear the outcome.

Interview Question – Have you proposed an idea to your company that would save the company time and money? How was it received?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2011.

Interview Details – i got a mail to show up 1 week before the interview. it was a 45min interview. i passed the first one and was scheduled for 3 more 1:1 interviews the following day. at the last interview i was told tat my decision would be conveyed to me in a week. they took 2 weeks though and rejected me

Interview Question – design of a web crawler   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Seattle, WA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2009.

Interview Details – Communications and organization of the interviews were very prompt. Had 3 phone interviews which was excessive

Interview Questions

Seattle, WA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very disorganized recruiting coordinators and recruiters who don't follow up and seem completely confused about what position *they* contacted you about. People on the interview loop seemed to think that Amazon interviews are "intense" but they are breeze compared to Microsoft and other high tech companies.

Interview Question – Have you worked in complex technical environments?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Interview Details – Straight forward, HR staff could not have been better. Kept me at ease through full process. Exactly as expected from reading reviews here. 2 phone, 1 day x 6 onsite interviews.

Negotiation Details – Great Offer no negotiation

Engineering

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews:
* first one was more an informative one to describe the exact job
* second one was a more "behavioural" one, with usual hr questions like " did you ever disagree with your boss ? what did you do ?", "did you ever disagree with a client ? what did you do ? why did it work?". That interview also contained a lot of questions based ona technology I had used for another projecs with questions like "what are the advantages of this technology? would you recommend it ?what were the consequences for your project..."
* third interview was postponed the day before the interview because the guy was sick (it seems that they only had one guy for interviews... no comment) well, anyway, his English was difficult to understand (clearly not his mother tongue...). The third interview was the technical one with questions about sql, xml, some basic Linux commands, tcp/ip...

Interview Question – Let's imagine that you are doing some operations on tables, the server containing the database goes down, how would you do to perform the operation anyway ?   View Answer

Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was a pretty hard interview. Be sure to know your data structures and algorithms. They also had a portion where they tested you on your overall design of software

Interview Question – Tell us about a project you've worked on   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Engineering interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.