Amazon.com Executive Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

3.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

It was over the phone and took about 20 - 30 mins. The interviewer started the conversation by explaining what their normal day is like. This was followed by a lot of situational questions based off of the description of their daily duties. Questions about Amazon values were also asked. I was able to ask questions about what it's like to work at the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Interviews involve 3-5 people in 45 min. sessions for each interview who will ask you specific questions as it relates to Amazon's leadership principles. You should be able to provide concrete, relate-able examples that show what actions you took in addition to the results that have unfolded based on your actions. Make sure to answer the interviewer's questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example where you simplified a complex problem and how you went about doing this.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

It's a very long process, and a lot of the questions are situational. Make sure you have plenty of examples to showcase your work and project your professionalism under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when, (XYZ) was difficult and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by two different recruiters for the role via email. Am assuming they are contracted so aren't aware what the other is up to. Responded to one and after a little back and forthing and their needing to reschedule once or twice, we connected. First interview was pretty basic and purpose was to determine if I'd mesh well with the team. I moved on to the next level to have a phone interview with one of the members of the team. That interview was phenomenal and to be honest, people do not know how to interview EAs, this guy did and his questions allowed me to really share what I can bring to the table. I felt great after the interview and was told next step was to come in for a face to face. Was told recruiter would call. Two days later, got an email from recruiter saying position had been filled. Never even got to interview. Ouch.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing you've done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long but moved quickly. Did 2 phone interviews and right after an onsite. I was well prepared and walked away feeling that I got the job. I meat with 2 EA's, 1vp, recruiter, HR and another 3rd party person. Enjoyed speaking with everyone although for some reason I really didn't see too many people excited to work there. In fact two people that I spoke with in the process were in the process of leaving. I did pick up that it is a very fast paced environment and people didn't make time to have fun at work.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions which requires you giving lots of examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied on-line. The interview process took 2 months (due to holiday and folks being out of the office). I had a total of 7 interviews including a 4 hour on-site interview. During the screening process I was told that Amazon doesn't interview EA's for a specific position but for a variety of open EA positions. This made me feel that Amazon believes EA's to be interchangeable without concern to what dept/type of responsibilities the candidate may prefer.

Interview Questions

• When did you lead a team through the white (unknown). This seemed a question that should be asked of management, not assistants.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with SME, phone interview with manager, in-person interview with 7 individuals. As you might expect, Amazon has a lot of moving pieces and my in-person interview itinerary definitely changed over the course of the day while I was in the building. Because of this, I felt like 2 of my interviewers specifically were not prepared and struggled to come up with relevant questions. Just roll with it and be prepared to make small talk and show interest in their positions.

Interview Questions

• They will wants very specific examples, even for non-technical positions. Always relate your answers to Amazon's leadership principles.   Answer Question

Honestly, all the bad reviews here scared me off in addition to their average 1.1 year tenure. After my in-person interview, they actually changed the job to support 3 executives instead of 2. Out of the 3, I had only met one, whom I did really like, but still had major concerns about the hours and demands of reporting to 3 separate executives. Even though the money was really good, I just couldn't stomach the thought of having no life outside of Amazon and was worried I might not mesh well with the other two people I had never met but my life would revolve around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted via email for a phone screen. After the initial phone screen I was scheduled for 2 phone interviews with other departmental EA's. Last step was an in person loop at the Amazon offices to meet with 6 team member. I met 1 recruiter, 4 EA's and 2 Directors. It was a 5 hour loop.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer situational questions. Be specific about experiences with other positions and be thoughtful about your answers. Try to think of best and worst case experiences and how you dealt with those in your past and what you learned from each. Don't try to be a perfect specimen. Be human, be honest and be accountable for your experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still in the offer phase. Great experience so far. Getting to the in person interview took some patience, but it has moved very quickly to the offer stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview, followed by 5 back to back in-person interviews. I checked in with reception, and then was escorted to a room, where I stayed for the interviews. Everyone was very nice and very professional. Most of the people who interviewed me, had a packet of questions that they read off of, and then they would write down my responses to them. They expect for you to have a lot of questions for them as well, so be sure to come up with quite a few for them to either explain the culture, the role, their challenges, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon?... Give an example of When you provided simple solutions to complex problems in the workplace.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

Interview

They are making things way more complicated than they are. I applied online and for 3 weeks - nothing. Then I sent my resume to a friend to be send it internally and I received a call in 2 days. They send you questions in word format to fill out. Then if they like your answers, they will schedule a phone interview, if not they will just say Thank you, but..... Phone interview questions are nothing related to your experience, they are all behavioral. So prepare good for any scenarios you might be or have been. Then a second interview in about a week. Then if they like you again, you will be invited for 5-6 hr in person interview. Anyway good luck to those wanting to go through the long and not so pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake at work and how did you handle it? How did your manager react to it?   Answer Question