Amazon.com Financial Analyst Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2014

3.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

45 minutes phone interview with 5-6 behavioral questions; 3-4 technical questions about finance and excel
2 45 minute in person interviews at HQ: Understand the case like your life depends on it. Every assumption will be questioned b/c management wants to hear your rationale

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after handing in resume at a career fair. Invited straight to on site interview. Had to prepare a case on a M&A scenario, or inventory management. 4 rounds of 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews, two standard behavior, one "bad cop", and one bar raiser. Case assumptions will get challenged, but relatively straight forward

Interview Questions
    • If amazon were to launch a new product what would be your idea. How will it make money.   Answer Question
    6 months Full time commitment for undergrad students

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Had employee referral a couple months before response from recruiter. I was contacted by recruiter to set up 50 minute phone interview which was was both in depth behavioral and a decent amount of technical questions. Then invited to Amazon headquarters for two back to back 45 minute interviews. Ultimately heard back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you decide price point for advertising on Kindle?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Ask basic question first. For example, intro your self and what's your strength and weakness. The most important question is about do you have any experience about financial analysis. Which database did you use before.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Mostly behavior question, and some small case problems. Be prepared is the best i can say. The first give you a phone screening, mostly 40min. Then they call you to the headquarter for a 4 hour long interview.

Interview Questions
    • beside your resume, is there anything else you can tell me?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Very typical interview, 45 minutes, a few behavioral questions and a technical question that required some thinking. Not many different types of questions, but the ones they asked followed up on each other, requiring very in-depth explanations on past experiences. I would suggest knowing your experiences very well before using one of them as a response to a question.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

First round of phone interview last week. 45 minutes. They asked one resume question, several situational questions and a technical question. Finally, they let me ask them questions. It's a must to hear what the interviewer said clearly.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have been in the situation which you missed a deadline?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university career center website. There were four 30 minute interviews back to back. Three of the interviewers ask behavioral questions and the fourth is the "bar-raiser" that will ask a few technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2012.

I applied online through my university career center website. There were four 30 minute interviews back to back. Three of the interviewers ask behavioral questions and the fourth is the "bar-raiser" that will ask a few technical questions. As for the hiring process, I got a response from the recruiter within a week of interviewing with the offer.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

I applied thru school's website and got interviews at the Seattle main campus. There were 4 rounds of interviews, each last half an hour. A combination of both behavirol and technical questions. all starts with "walk me through your resume" and they would pick questions from the resume. there was also mini case studies.

Interview Questions

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!