Amazon.com Financial Analyst Intern Interview Questions

3.7

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in September 2011.

Interview

This interview consists of 4 - 30 minute one-on-one interviews with 4 different people. They ask a few personal questions but a lot of financial usage questions. They did not present me with any financial statements as past commenters described. Instead, it was big hypotheticals like "if you invent a brand new product that has no comparisons, describe how you would determine a price and quantity to produce." Or, "what are 3 numbers the CFO probably wants to see on a daily basis?" It is very easy to stall out into awkward silence even if you know the material deep down.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 numbers the CFO would look at on a daily basis?   Answer Question
  • How do you price a brand new product?   Answer Question
  • How do you decide whether to include a 5 dollar free download voucher with each sale of a cd box set?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied and got an email telling me the time and place to interview. Had 4, 30 minute interviews back to back. This was very serious, involved lots of finance based questions and had a case question.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CFO of amazon, what metrics would you look at every day to see how well your company is doing?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was 4 30-minute 1:1 interviews, back-to-back. There was one bar raiser, with very high-level questions. Questions that are supposed to throw you off, so that they can see how you handle pressure. Each person seemed to have a different focus: for me, one was very technical, another was more situational questions. There is a strong focus on scenarios, and had some questions where you have to come up with the hypothetical scenario yourself.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 main financial statement pieces, and which is the most important in assessing a company?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

As others noted, 4 interviews back to back, one bar raiser. Two the interviewers had a mix of analytical questions and "case" type questions. Overall interesting and fun experience; the people doing the interviews for the most part were nice and helped you start in the right direction if you didn't know how to answer at first.

Interview Questions

• How should you determine whether or not to drop the price of a kindle accessory? (note that they had numbers and wanted a specific answer regarding these, not a general one).   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Submitted a resume through campus career center. Got a call back within 3-4 days. I went to their office and had four 1:1 interviews back to back, 30 each. 2 were technical and other two were behavioral. About 5 days after I got a call saying that I got an offer.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

4 rounds , 2 of them ask technique questions

Interview Questions

• much datail asked about resume, get prepared before you go   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Went to an internship fair, talked with Amazon representatives, and handed my resume to them. Also applied online just in case. Few days later, I got an email for invitation to interview. It was 2-hours, split into four 30 minute interviews with no breaks in between. Some interviewers were tougher than others and would put you in unusually stressful situations (such as cutting you off, avoid eye contact, play with their phones while you talk) to see how you react. Just stay calm and you'll be fine. Mostly behavioral questions (they do drill deep into your experiences so be prepared!) and also some case questions. Overall it was a fun interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you utilized analytic skills to solve a difficult problem.
      Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with a team member. What did you do to resolve it and what was the result?

Answer Question

Application

Interview

4 interviewers at stations, with one "bar-raiser" to ask the difficult questions. Although I thought all interviewers had a similar level of difficulty. Most of the questions were analyical--Amazon is not interested in soft questions about your life, and is not interested in the way you dress for the interview either. The analysis was very scenario-oriented: say Amazon is facing a finance decision; what steps would it take?

Interview Questions

• What sorts of costs does Amazon face as an online seller of goods?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Mostly case-based questions. Only one behavioral question, and it was: why did you GPA drop after you transferred from community college to University. Some of the cases questions are: what could you find in specifically Kindle's financial statement that is different from hard-covered books financial statement?
    Be prepared to be under pressure, but stay confident.

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Interview

It consist on a phoen interview and an in-house interview