Amazon.com

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – 45 minutes phone interview with 5-6 behavioral questions; 3-4 technical questions about finance and excel
2 45 minute in person interviews at HQ: Understand the case like your life depends on it. Every assumption will be questioned b/c management wants to hear your rationale

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Had employee referral a couple months before response from recruiter. I was contacted by recruiter to set up 50 minute phone interview which was was both in depth behavioral and a decent amount of technical questions. Then invited to Amazon headquarters for two back to back 45 minute interviews. Ultimately heard back a week later.

Interview Question – How would you decide price point for advertising on Kindle?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter after handing in resume at a career fair. Invited straight to on site interview. Had to prepare a case on a M&A scenario, or inventory management. 4 rounds of 30 minute 1 on 1 interviews, two standard behavior, one "bad cop", and one bar raiser. Case assumptions will get challenged, but relatively straight forward

Interview Question – If amazon were to launch a new product what would be your idea. How will it make money.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 6 months Full time commitment for undergrad students

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Ask basic question first. For example, intro your self and what's your strength and weakness. The most important question is about do you have any experience about financial analysis. Which database did you use before.

Interview Question – It is about database problem.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Mostly behavior question, and some small case problems. Be prepared is the best i can say. The first give you a phone screening, mostly 40min. Then they call you to the headquarter for a 4 hour long interview.

Interview Question – beside your resume, is there anything else you can tell me?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Very typical interview, 45 minutes, a few behavioral questions and a technical question that required some thinking. Not many different types of questions, but the ones they asked followed up on each other, requiring very in-depth explanations on past experiences. I would suggest knowing your experiences very well before using one of them as a response to a question.

Interview Question – Why didn't you want to major in mathematics   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – First round of phone interview last week. 45 minutes. They asked one resume question, several situational questions and a technical question. Finally, they let me ask them questions. It's a must to hear what the interviewer said clearly.

Interview Question – Did you have been in the situation which you missed a deadline?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Details – I applied online through my university career center website. There were four 30 minute interviews back to back. Three of the interviewers ask behavioral questions and the fourth is the "bar-raiser" that will ask a few technical questions.

Interview Question – where would you locate new warehouse location?   Answer Question

Interview Details – It consist on a phoen interview and an in-house interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university career center website. There were four 30 minute interviews back to back. Three of the interviewers ask behavioral questions and the fourth is the "bar-raiser" that will ask a few technical questions. As for the hiring process, I got a response from the recruiter within a week of interviewing with the offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!