Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted the campus recruiter and submitted an application over the web. There was a phone interview, and then I had to go into the Amazon HQ in Seattle to fully interview. There were three back-to-back half hour interviews. It was mostly a qualitative questions with a single question about price point.

Interview Question – If we are making X amount of revenue on 60 units of product and the profit is X - what would the new price point have to be in order to make Y revenue.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 6 months had to be taken off of school.

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email about the position from my college career center. First had a 30 minute interview. Then got invited for a call back which consisted of 4 half hour interviews. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and a lot about my resume. Left time to ask about their work also so be prepared with questions.

Interview Question – If you were the CFO what 3 documents would you look at daily and why.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Went to an internship fair, talked with Amazon representatives, and handed my resume to them. Also applied online just in case. Few days later, I got an email for invitation to interview. It was 2-hours, split into four 30 minute interviews with no breaks in between. Some interviewers were tougher than others and would put you in unusually stressful situations (such as cutting you off, avoid eye contact, play with their phones while you talk) to see how you react. Just stay calm and you'll be fine. Mostly behavioral questions (they do drill deep into your experiences so be prepared!) and also some case questions. Overall it was a fun interview experience!

Interview Question – Give me an example of how you utilized analytic skills to solve a difficult problem.
Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with a team member. What did you do to resolve it and what was the result?
  Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – 4 rounds , 2 of them ask technique questions

Interview Question – much datail asked about resume, get prepared before you go   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume through campus career center. Got a call back within 3-4 days. I went to their office and had four 1:1 interviews back to back, 30 each. 2 were technical and other two were behavioral. About 5 days after I got a call saying that I got an offer.

Interview Question – What are things that could be improved for Amazon?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Interview Details – As others noted, 4 interviews back to back, one bar raiser. Two the interviewers had a mix of analytical questions and "case" type questions. Overall interesting and fun experience; the people doing the interviews for the most part were nice and helped you start in the right direction if you didn't know how to answer at first.

Interview Question – How should you determine whether or not to drop the price of a kindle accessory? (note that they had numbers and wanted a specific answer regarding these, not a general one).   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was 4 30-minute 1:1 interviews, back-to-back. There was one bar raiser, with very high-level questions. Questions that are supposed to throw you off, so that they can see how you handle pressure. Each person seemed to have a different focus: for me, one was very technical, another was more situational questions. There is a strong focus on scenarios, and had some questions where you have to come up with the hypothetical scenario yourself.

Interview Question – What are the 3 main financial statement pieces, and which is the most important in assessing a company?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied and got an email telling me the time and place to interview. Had 4, 30 minute interviews back to back. This was very serious, involved lots of finance based questions and had a case question.

Interview Question – If you were the CFO of amazon, what metrics would you look at every day to see how well your company is doing?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2011.

Interview Details – This interview consists of 4 - 30 minute one-on-one interviews with 4 different people. They ask a few personal questions but a lot of financial usage questions. They did not present me with any financial statements as past commenters described. Instead, it was big hypotheticals like "if you invent a brand new product that has no comparisons, describe how you would determine a price and quantity to produce." Or, "what are 3 numbers the CFO probably wants to see on a daily basis?" It is very easy to stall out into awkward silence even if you know the material deep down.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 numbers the CFO would look at on a daily basis?   Answer Question
  • How do you price a brand new product?   Answer Question
  • How do you decide whether to include a 5 dollar free download voucher with each sale of a cd box set?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly case-based questions. Only one behavioral question, and it was: why did you GPA drop after you transferred from community college to University. Some of the cases questions are: what could you find in specifically Kindle's financial statement that is different from hard-covered books financial statement?
Be prepared to be under pressure, but stay confident.

Interview Question – What is put option?   View Answer