Amazon.com

Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.4

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Initial phone interview, followed by two back-to-back phone follow-ups. All were around 45 minutes. The first round included a mix of behavioral and technical questions; the second was all behavioral; the final was a technical interview pertaining to a case study that was completed the day before.

Interview Questions
  • Think of the case study as an iceberg, and plan accordingly.   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I was invited for a phone interview after applying online, started off with general behavioural question and then moved to test my knowledge on finance. The interview was divided into 30 mins behavioural and 10 mins technical with remaining five mins for any questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Applied online, and received a phone interview request after 2 weeks. The interview manager was quite nice but the interview was kind of difficult. They wanted to know every detail about you resume so be prepared to talk about your resume a lot. Anticipate some behavioral question as well.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Contacted by HR through email for on-site interview. 2-hour on-site interview with 4 hiring managers. Most of the questions are scenario questions. You will need to finish a case before 1 on 1 meetings. Overall, the interview is not hard if you are prepared.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Telephone interview. Took about 45 minutes. The interviewer seemed really cool. He made me feel easy before starting off. He wasn't looking for a pure finance graduate. I am from MIS and he understood where I stand when it comes to finance.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about what you've done professionally   Answer Question
    • Why amazon and why financial analyst   Answer Question
    • Did you face any difficulty while working with a co worker   View Answer
    • Financial questions on which product to choose. They want a specific answer with proper numbers.   View Answer

Wasn't able to drop courses

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

One phone interview (45minutes) -> 2 in-person interviews at their campus, 45 minutes each: 1 behavioral asking about past experience using data, how to communicate issues, how to deal with failure, how to prioritize work. The other interview was about the case given to interviewees in days prior to the interview, it was managerial accounting.

Interview Questions
    • Please justify your case recommendation in detail and why did you choose to focus on those aspects.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

was referred by a friend. Got the phone interview next few day. Start with introduce myself. typical behavior questions. tell me a time you showed your leadership. time you made a mistake. time you have to do things without instructions. how you handle risks. Also finance problems, what the most important things on income statement and how you value the company (from my past experience). In the end it was a case question regarding the prime membership. Ask why the price increased from 79 to 99.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

The interview process was very good. The interviewers are very nice. They treat candidates as their customers. They focus on leadership principles and the interview was more like a conversation with candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time that you have done something which was not being asked?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2014.

1 Phone Interview

2 in person 1 on 1 interviews

The phone interview is with a manager, and s/he will ask fit, technical, and behavioral questions.... Some of the tougher questions had to do with being faced with a difficult/challenging situation, and the way you went about solving x situation. This interview is about 40 minutes.

The in person interviews are longer, about 2 hours (1 hour per person). One will be easy, asking questions that are more fit oriented... And the other is a bar raiser of some sort that will test you on how much you really know, and test you on how you think... This one will ask technical business questions...

Interview Questions
    • Say sales for x product is not looking good, and we have excess inventory stockpiled in our warehouse, what kind of business solution would you propose and what are the highest priority aspects of the situation would you consider?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

it was an intense interview process