Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Amazon, MT

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took about half day, involved five recruiters (most of them are just employees at Amazon). Each of them has his/her own focus. Pretty much all types of questions were involved, such as personal introduction, motivation, strength/weakness, future plan, scenario questions, finance specific questions (corporation evaluation, stock, fomular..etc)

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions, its just whether your answer satisfies them   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Interview Details – Its a long process, they had 3 stages of interview. Not your typical questions. They like for you think outside the box.
They are upfront that you can expect to work 7 days a week during pre-Christmas time.

Interview Question – What would do you to find out if icecream will sell in Denmark or not.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

Interview Details – Went through my resume carefully and came up with some detailed questions about each experience

Interview Question – Give an example about a task you cannot complete even with your co-workers' help   Answer Question

Silver Spring, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Received a phone call the night after an information session for an interview the next day. The interview was mostly behavior and focused on experiences that demonstrated the Amazon leadership principles. Definitely read over those and come up with your own examples beforehand. There was one interviewer, who was the head of the new rotational program.

Interview Question – There was one case question in the first interview about how to price a vacuum warranty   View Answer

Interview Details – it was an intense interview process

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of multiple pre-interview call screens with manager, potential peers, and HR followed by in person loop.

Interview Question – What is the most important metric to focus on when evaluating a new business or investment?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – For the interview, they ask you to come down to the main office in Seattle. The campus recruiter (usually very friendly) will just ask you very general questions such as "tell me about yourself". Then the interviewers come and take you one by one. The process usually takes around an hour and each person interviews you for critical thinking, communications, and generic personality questions.

Interview Question – Walk me through how kindle books would be priced.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Campus hire originally emailed recruiter concerning position and went through series of telephone interviews. Mostly behavioral questions asked but also analytical- for example, if you were to choose where our next fulfillment center would be what would you choose and why.

Interview Question – If you were to choose where our next fulfillment center would be what would you choose and why.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

Interview Details – One hour phone interview, conducted by a hiring manager with consulting background. The interview began with self-introduction and followed by behavior questions. The questions were very general. It tested if the candidate's experience is related to the position. For me, it was really hard to have an effective engagement by phone. I felt my past experience did not bring much attention from the hiring manager.

Interview Question – how could you make success from previous experience? (can't remember clearly, similar to this one)   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiting process started off with two separate phone interviews which involved basic questions about my experiences in finance and interest in Amazon. I made it to the on-site interviews easily, where I interviewed with seven Amazon employees in 1:1 interviews. At the on-site interviews, I was shocked at the behavior of a few of my interviewers. I signed an NDA, but I was frequently asked proprietary questions regarding my past employers, which had nothing to do with my skills or abilities. I could not answer these questions. Also, one of my last interviewers asked detailed questions about an experience from two years ago in what seemed like an attempt to bully me into saying I don't know something or answering incorrectly. The interviewer was visibly disgusted and annoyed when I asked questions to clarify the case question which came after six hours of interviewing. I never had an interviewer make me feel like trash before. I left the company questioning why they brought me in for interviews if they were going to ask irrelevant questions and were skeptical about my capabilities. Needless to say, I would not accept an offer with the company even if I received one.

Interview Question – Drilling down into experiences. Know everything on your resume in great detail.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.