Amazon.com Human Resources Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

I was contacted almost immediately after applying to Amazon, asked to respond to a generic questionnaire and then asked to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty basic asking me to detail items on my resume that made me experienced for the job.

The interviewer really didn't want to know about me as a person they only wanted to know that I could regurgitate information about Amazon's corporate culture. When I was asked to tell her my favorite thing about Amazon and I did she told me that wasn't what she was looking for. I had to press her to find out she wanted me to list even more of Amazon's core principles.

We didn't mesh well on the phone and although I was told I would be contacted with a decision one way or the other I never was. (I could tell I didn't make it to the next round anyway).

Interview Questions
  • The fact that I was to regurgitate all information about Amazon's core principles instead of having an opinion of my own when asked about why I wanted to work at Amazon.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee  in  Breinigsville, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Breinigsville, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

I got the interview through a person who formerly worked at my university; they immediately offered to fly me out for an interview or compensate my own transportation. They also offered to pay for overnight stay and dinner which I unfortunately could not attend. The interview started off with a tour of the warehouse followed by 2 meetings with different HR people. I thought the interviews went pretty well but unfortunately I didn't get the job- I asked for feedback and also never got feedback so I was never really sure what went wrong...

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what motivates you? I gave a couple answers and each time I was asked with, but why? I don't think they were looking for a right answer, maybe just trying to test you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2011.

Interviewed with a loop of 4 interviewers--relatively friendly, some tough situational questions

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2012.

The hiring manager was very open and honest about the rigorous schedule of the company. I was told several times that they are open 363 days out of the year, with hopes of having Thanksgiving and Christmas off. I would suspect that there have been issues with work hours due to the strong emphasis of the scheduling requirements.

Most of the questions that I was asked were situational regarding past experience with handling HR matters. The interviewer was very upfront stating that they would not be able to compete with my current salary, thus ending the interview process. Unfortunately, that was after I had already answered about 30 minutes worth of interview questions.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2011.

First was a quick phone screen with one easy level interview question with the recruiter. Second, was a longer phone screen with an HR rep. Lastly was an interview on site with a tour.

Interview Questions
    • Here we can have a pretty heavy workload and a lot of things in HR here come up very suddenly. How do you handle stress and complete unplanned tasks?   View Answer

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!