Amazon.com

3.5

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

One online round in which there were objective questions regarding Computer Science fundamentals and C programming basic and puzzles were asked followed by 2 programs to be written. After clearing this there were three grueling interview rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Algorithm for searching for a piece in an infinitely large chess board using a knight piece.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Written test, 4 rounds of technical interviews and another interview by senior Interviewer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

First communication test is compulsory (or) telephonic interview is required.
    second one personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Designing algorithm with the best possible time-complexity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

I applied on LinkedIn and got the call within 10 days. There are 5-6 rounds.
    1. Online Written Test: 3 Programming Questions. You need to write code and execute test cases
    2. 4-5 Technical Interview Rounds: Each round contains 2-3 questions related to DS, Algos, Problem Solving capabilities, Out of Box thinking

Interview Questions
    • Optimize each solution with respect to time and space   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

it took three days and there three rounds written test technical interview and hr interview. written is easy and technical is tough and Hr is friendly and kind and technical interview can go up to one hour
    they concentrate more on linked list and data structures in c and ask questions on java and dbms

Interview Questions
    • technical interview is really tough and amazon stands in top 20 toughest interviews in world so prepare well before attending to an interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2012.

Recruiter had short-listed my profile from one of the job portals and contacted me to schedule an online coding test on interviewstreet.

The questions were:
    1. Find all prime numbers before the given number n.
    2. Find the kth largest number in a BST
    3. Find the transpose of a given matrix.
    4. Given a directory with several different files. Find the student with max avearge number.
    one more, which I dont remember.
    Time given was 2 hrs.

After going through, had the first telephonic round.
    Questions asked were:
    1. Find the missing card in a deck. The cards are passed as a stream of input.
    2. Find the median of 2 sorted arrays.
    3. Construct a tree from the post and preorder traversals. [Asked to mail the code for the same within 15-20 mins.]

I messed up and hence within a week got a regret mail, but the experience helped me in identifying my areas of improvement.

Interview Questions
    • Find the missing card:
      I gave an O(n) space approach using hashtables, but he wanted a much better optimized solution, after some thinking thought of using only required bits or using the cards as an A.P., however these thoughts came after the interview.

Answer Question

Chat Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

There were 3-4 rounds on interview process. Each of it tests one's verbal ability, communication skills, personal introduction round.

Interview Questions
    • How do you tackle a problem that arises in a team?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

interview is based on data structures and algorithms. 3-4 phone round.

Interview Questions
    • mostly questions are based on data structure based, which needs lots of practice   Answer Question

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2012.

It starts with a basic intro round, where your communication skills are judged and after that a computerized english test is there called versant round which reviews speaking, listening, reading, writing skills and also your e-mail framing skills after that is a HR round and there you will get the job if you display your interest and confidence.

German Analyst - Accounts Receivables Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

It was a very lengthy process and too many rounds of interview!!!!
    1) First of all, a German expert called and talked to me in German. He asked me to introduce myself, talked about my work experience etc. to test my German language skills. It took 10-15 minutes.
    2) Then, a German lady called me from Germany and talked to me in German language. She asked me various questions about my introduction, past job profile, importance of team work, how to handle individual task, etc. It took 20 minutes.
    3) Then, one Operations Manager called me and again interviewed me for half an hour. He asked me again various questions about last job, work experience, strengths, achievements, etc. etc. !!

After all this finally they called me in the company office for the Panel interview. Guess what!!! Another 6 rounds of interviews were waiting for me!!!!!
    4) They gave me two things to do. First, a list of topics from which I had to choose one and write an essay on that. Second, I had to answer (in German) an email written in German language.

5) Then there were 5 rounds of interviews back to back (each interview half an hour long) with 6 managers; one was manager of German team, two were operations managers, then there was line manager, then his manager and then country head for that process I guess. All in the hierarchy took my interview!!! God, I was so exhausted!!!! And the questions were tough, very very lengthy interview and grilling also!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you have less time than normal but you have full work to do, how will you complete your work? Which tasks you will leave for next day or how will you prioritize?   Answer Question
    • How would you know how many people are wearing red colour shirt in the city?   View Answers (3)
    • What will you do if you have a very good process improvement suggestion but your team leader rejects it? How will you react and what will you do because the idea is really good and worthwhile?   View Answer