Amazon.com

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

In Stock Manager Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – Strange and unorganized.

Interview Question – Are you having trouble hearing me?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

In Stock Manager Interview

Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview then SHL test and one to one with two managers and HR robot. Questions were all very similar so I think they go back and compare notes on what you told them, part of their hight hiring bar no doubt, found them pointless to some extent. Surprise was that even if I got through this stage I would have to come back in , ie another day off work and see another three senior manangers ! had I known this from the start I would not have gone for it, recruiters dont give the full picture which is very annoying, I was told offer would be made on the day if you got through. If I did get through it would be another three weeks before I had another date for interview, so the whole process is drawn out and frankly is it worth it. After asking some questions on the company, processes etc I knew it was not for me, ie a PDR process that takes three months , if you dont hit target you are strait onto a remedial improvement plan, sounds very harsh , unless this is something you get off on then walk away before you get roped into days off and spending hours on prep, btw they dont ask you all the financial detail on how the company is doing etc its mostly behavioural etc.

Interview Questions

• When do you challenge your manager or give eg when you challenged your manager   View Answer
  • what legacy will you leave behind   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com In Stock Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.