Amazon.com

3.3

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

It was a good experience. I had a phone interview during which I was asked about basic Machine Learning algorithms and a programming question. The interview was for almost an hour. The questions were more situation based and the interview was friendly.

Interview Questions
  • write an algorithm to calculate the edit distance between two strings   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Had a referral from a linkedin recruiter. I had a phone interview with someone from the corporate office within a couple weeks. It was mostly problem solving and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Where would you put a inventory/distribution center and why? Name some of the products you are familiar with, what is your favorite product.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Its on campus interview for intern. Applied on campus recruit market.

Interview Questions
    • two algorithm questions, one of them is given a string, substitute special chars. give all possible results.
       like substitute 'a' and 'o' from amazon, then the possible answer should be:
      AmAzon, amazOn, AmAzOn

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Got interviewed for software intern. It was a relatively simple interview with lot of emphasis on data structures. Was asked questions regarding basic data structures and made to write 2 programs based on it.

Interview Questions
    • Few of the questions regarding the complexity were little tricky.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting. Two interviews on campus. Didn't seem to be very organized.

Was also asked to sign an NDA.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

The process was quick, took less than 3 weeks to schedule a phone interview. The HR interviewed me over phone. There were few regular open questions, like introduce your research, when would you be available. Nothing technical, no difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was easy and the interviewee was friendly.

Intern Interview

Interviewed last week. Liked the people that interviewed me. I thought that I did well on the questions, but I haven't heard back from them yet. The first question I almost ran out of time because I was talking to him too much at the beginning. On the second one I completed the task quickly. Hopefully I'll hear from them in a couple of days.

Intern Interview

Submitted application online and much later they emailed me asking for my available times to set up two back to back technical interviews. The interviews were 45 minutes each and composed of a couple questions and then time for you to ask questions in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Write an algorithm to tell if a given tree is a mirror   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Ask the pattern design and algorithm problem

Intern Interview

I got an email for a telephone interview after talking to Amazon at college career fair. There were two telephone interviews back to back. Both were technical for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to count occurrences of an integer in a given sorted array. I had to optimize for time and take care of corner cases.   Answer Question