Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
84 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – two interviews - on phone.

Interview Question – determine if two strings have the same suffix. The strings will be given in a list format
eg : C -> A -> P -> A -> B -> L -> E
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Its on campus interview for intern. Applied on campus recruit market.

Interview Question – two algorithm questions, one of them is given a string, substitute special chars. give all possible results.
 like substitute 'a' and 'o' from amazon, then the possible answer should be:
AmAzon, amazOn, AmAzOn
  Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had 2 rounds of phone interview (each for 45 min).Both the interviews were technical.I was asked to write code for general data structures questions(linked lists,binary trees).
In first round I was asked to wrte code for Reversing a linked list,finding intersection of two linked lists,reversing a string, hash tables and some pointer questions.In second round I was asked about my projects and a card problem

Interview Question – i faced difficulty while writing the code as I have to explain him what I was doing at the same time.A little bit of practise would have helped.   Answer Question

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – I appliyed in a job fair at my university. The process took 3 weeks. A interview was scheduled by the recruiter a week after the fair.
I had two back-to-back technical interviews.
The first interviewer preferred me to write the answers on paper and was more strict. The second one was more relaxed and let me use the board.

Interview Question – Given a amount of money, write code to show how many ways there are to represent that quantity with coins.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting. Two interviews on campus. Didn't seem to be very organized.

Was also asked to sign an NDA.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly hard.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Got interviewed for software intern. It was a relatively simple interview with lot of emphasis on data structures. Was asked questions regarding basic data structures and made to write 2 programs based on it.

Interview Question – Few of the questions regarding the complexity were little tricky.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Interviewed last week. Liked the people that interviewed me. I thought that I did well on the questions, but I haven't heard back from them yet. The first question I almost ran out of time because I was talking to him too much at the beginning. On the second one I completed the task quickly. Hopefully I'll hear from them in a couple of days.

Interview Question – Most difficult problem you've solved.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

Interview Details – The first round asked some detains about hashtable, but I didn't know how to answer it. Then lgorithmic problem that the team had already solved, and on the front-end. I wrote the algorithm in Javascript. The final problem is to reverse a char arrray of sentence in place.
The second round asked detains about arraylist and lined list and the difference between them. Problems are copy a binary tree and print a binary tree by level.

Interview Question – find the common ancestor of two nodes using the interface.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Two 45 minute interviews.

Interview Question – Binary Search Tree where each node knows its parent and the leaf nodes are in a linked list. Print the in order traversal.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Submitted application online and much later they emailed me asking for my available times to set up two back to back technical interviews. The interviews were 45 minutes each and composed of a couple questions and then time for you to ask questions in the end.

Interview Question – Write an algorithm to tell if a given tree is a mirror   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Intern interview questions and advice. All 84 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.