Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

86 interviews

3.3

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

two interviews - on phone.

Interview Questions
  • determine if two strings have the same suffix. The strings will be given in a list format
    eg : C -> A -> P -> A -> B -> L -> E
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

Its on campus interview for intern. Applied on campus recruit market.

Interview Questions
    • two algorithm questions, one of them is given a string, substitute special chars. give all possible results.
       like substitute 'a' and 'o' from amazon, then the possible answer should be:
      AmAzon, amazOn, AmAzOn
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Had 2 rounds of phone interview (each for 45 min).Both the interviews were technical.I was asked to write code for general data structures questions(linked lists,binary trees).
    In first round I was asked to wrte code for Reversing a linked list,finding intersection of two linked lists,reversing a string, hash tables and some pointer questions.In second round I was asked about my projects and a card problem

Interview Questions
    • i faced difficulty while writing the code as I have to explain him what I was doing at the same time.A little bit of practise would have helped.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

I appliyed in a job fair at my university. The process took 3 weeks. A interview was scheduled by the recruiter a week after the fair.
    I had two back-to-back technical interviews.
    The first interviewer preferred me to write the answers on paper and was more strict. The second one was more relaxed and let me use the board.

Interview Questions
    • Given a amount of money, write code to show how many ways there are to represent that quantity with coins.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Applied through campus recruiting. Two interviews on campus. Didn't seem to be very organized.

Was also asked to sign an NDA.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Got interviewed for software intern. It was a relatively simple interview with lot of emphasis on data structures. Was asked questions regarding basic data structures and made to write 2 programs based on it.

Interview Questions
    • Few of the questions regarding the complexity were little tricky.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The first round asked some detains about hashtable, but I didn't know how to answer it. Then lgorithmic problem that the team had already solved, and on the front-end. I wrote the algorithm in Javascript. The final problem is to reverse a char arrray of sentence in place.
    The second round asked detains about arraylist and lined list and the difference between them. Problems are copy a binary tree and print a binary tree by level.

Interview Questions
    • find the common ancestor of two nodes using the interface.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed last week. Liked the people that interviewed me. I thought that I did well on the questions, but I haven't heard back from them yet. The first question I almost ran out of time because I was talking to him too much at the beginning. On the second one I completed the task quickly. Hopefully I'll hear from them in a couple of days.

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Applied online. Two 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Binary Search Tree where each node knows its parent and the leaf nodes are in a linked list. Print the in order traversal.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Submitted application online and much later they emailed me asking for my available times to set up two back to back technical interviews. The interviews were 45 minutes each and composed of a couple questions and then time for you to ask questions in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Write an algorithm to tell if a given tree is a mirror   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!