Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Got an email saying they liked my resume and I scheduled for an interview on campus (this was at UCSD). The interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. They were very nice people and very helpful when I was stuck on some code. Interesting interview. Heard back the day after and did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Interview

Telephonic Interview. Had it in 2- steps of 45 minutes each with a 15 minutes break in between.

Interview Questions

• Tricky Questions on Algorithm. One question was asked on merging two linked lists with given order of 3rd link list. Other question asked by different interviewer was somewhat similar with different logic.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

2 sets of 45minutes phone interview with 15 minutes break in the middle. The first round is a general data structure question. It is not that hard but you need to be familiar with frequently used data structure like arraylist, linkedlist, stack, queue, hashtable and so on to solve the problem. the second round is a harder algorithm problem.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

3 phone screens

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me what I expected

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

4 rounds
    1. jam
    2. technical
    3.technical
    4. managers round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had given my resume to an on campus recruiter and I was called in for an interview. The interview consisted of four half an hour sessions that were a mix of both technical and behavioral. I was interviewing for a business internship and the people who conducted the interview were impressively intelligent and all had their MBA's.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Phone

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Two 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Binary Search Tree where each node knows its parent and the leaf nodes are in a linked list. Print the in order traversal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

The first round asked some detains about hashtable, but I didn't know how to answer it. Then lgorithmic problem that the team had already solved, and on the front-end. I wrote the algorithm in Javascript. The final problem is to reverse a char arrray of sentence in place.
    The second round asked detains about arraylist and lined list and the difference between them. Problems are copy a binary tree and print a binary tree by level.

Interview Questions

• find the common ancestor of two nodes using the interface.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2011.

Interview

The interview is a test of Data Structure and Algorithm Skills of the candidate

Interview Questions

• write a function to print the frequency of characters
      eg. Input : aabbbc