Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Got an email saying they liked my resume and I scheduled for an interview on campus (this was at UCSD). The interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. They were very nice people and very helpful when I was stuck on some code. Interesting interview. Heard back the day after and did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews in a row. Industry standard questions, focused on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• So many follow up questions. Requested to find optimized solutions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview

Totally technical and asked on data structures and algos.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had given my resume to an on campus recruiter and I was called in for an interview. The interview consisted of four half an hour sessions that were a mix of both technical and behavioral. I was interviewing for a business internship and the people who conducted the interview were impressively intelligent and all had their MBA's.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2011.

Interview

The interview is a test of Data Structure and Algorithm Skills of the candidate

Interview Questions

• write a function to print the frequency of characters eg. Input : aabbbc Output: a2b3c1   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2011.

Interview

Their were 2 back to back 1:1 interviews. The first interviewer focused more on data structures like trees, linked lists. I was first asked the basic traversals of the trees. The interviewer then got into other types of traversal which I was able to solve in less time. He expected the running complexity of each algorithm which I was not sure. The 2nd interviewer focused more on algorithm development. The questions involved designing algorithms based on string manipulation under the constraints of it being linear time and in place.

Interview Questions

• Given a string like "dir1\dir2\.\dir3\..\dir\file.txt" convert the string path into an equivalent path removing the .\ and ..\ directories. The algorithm should be in place and linear.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

submit a resume online,got a email to schedule telephone interview which will consist of two rounds HR person is pretty helpful

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume to them at my university's career fair and they asked me a couple questions on the spot about data structures. Then I received an email requesting for an in-person interview. There were two 45 minute back to back in person interviews. The first interviewer asked me basic conceptual java questions (typical questions such as explain polymorphism, encapsulation, etc) and one coding question that dealt with binary trees. The second interviewer asked me to design a schema for a website.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2011.

Interview

given a pattern print out all possible permutations using OOPS concept

Interview Questions

• Given a value say cents(n), printout all possible permutations of quaters,nickels,dimes and cents using binary tree   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2011.

Interview

2 initial phone interviews and then 1 phone interview if you fare well in first two