Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process. We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..

idk

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Gāndhīnagar, Gujarat (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

First they showed us the PPT. Then they described the entire CTC. There was an online coding round followed by personal interview. Few students were selected after online round. Then we had personal interview. Questions asked were about Data Structures, Algorithms and Object-Oriented Programming. After the personal interview 10 students got internship.

Interview Questions

• Implement stack using two queues   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Pullman, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was very straight forward. Recruiter first spoke with me as part of a general screening, and I had a follow up interview with someone in the team that I was applying for. Everyone was very professional and polite, and they did a great job of answering all of my questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in June 2015.

Interview

Everything was happening very quickly. I sent my CV and motivation letter and I was contacted back in two hours to arrange a phone interview. First one was with the HR girl, she seemed robotic on the phone, asked some basic questions: tell me about yourself, why amazon, what languages do you speak, etc. Next interview was with the manager. She shortly told about herself and then I had to talk a lot about myself. There were three situational questions where you have to tell a situation and elaborate on what you did using STAR method. Later that day I got an invitation to an assessment day to Luxembourg. They covered the expenses. There were three interviews with different managers and an Excel test. All questions were the same about situations in the past, and Excel - all kinds of formulas.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your previous experiences in internships, your studies. How do you evaluate your Excel skills from 1 to 10. When was the last time you used Excel? Why do you want to work in Amazon? What languages do you speak? When are you scheduled to graduate? Would you be ok to move to Luxembourg? What Amazon leadership values can you relate to? What was your biggest achievement? Tell me about a situation when you went above and beyond the call of duty for the customer. Tell me about the time when you took an initiative that was not your responsibility. Tell me about the time when you persuaded the team to keep going instead of settling with the initial plan.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in July 2014.

Interview

Application via website. Then email from Amazon asking for a phone interview with HR department. Motivation-based interview with HR department. Another phone interview with hiring manager - short mathematical problems can be asked. Interview with hiring manager in the office. Excel 1-hour long test.

Interview Questions

• Questions are based on Amazon's leadership principles. They ask an applicant examples from life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

The first round was a one hour phone interview. They promised to inform me about my success within few days but after all it took over two weeks for them to contact me again. Interview itself was very average and quite easy I would say.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

2 x 30 min interviews on campus for summer internships. Both interviewers looked fairly disinterested in the whole thing although to be fair they had done a day of interviewing. The questions were as expected - tell me about a complex problem, tell me about a time you didn't meet a commitment, tell me about your greatest achievement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (UC Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, talked up and down resume. They then asked me some basic software questions about stacks, queues, graphs, etc. We then discussed some of the standard behavioral questions. Second interview was more of the same but this one was more of a conversation than interview with only one real problem posed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone who had only been working at amazon for a year or so. The usual questions were asked (why amazon, why do you think you would be a good fit etc) but I had to reply in a lot of detail and was asked to 'further explain' a lot and be very precise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Applied and had a deadline, but they were very accomadating. I had two 45 minute interviews both technical. I had two different people and I believe that they were on the same team. I messed up on a qeustion about queues and stacks