Amazon.com

Updated Jan 5, 2015

3.3

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied and had a deadline, but they were very accomadating. I had two 45 minute interviews both technical. I had two different people and I believe that they were on the same team. I messed up on a qeustion about queues and stacks

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Internal recommendation gets you an interview. The interview itself was one day with 5 different interviewers, some working in pairs. Some people focus more on behavior others ask mini case like questions.

Interview Questions
    • What 3 metrics do you think are most important to watch and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

The process was quick, took less than 3 weeks to schedule a phone interview. The HR interviewed me over phone. There were few regular open questions, like introduce your research, when would you be available. Nothing technical, no difficult or unexpected questions. The interview was easy and the interviewee was friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

It was a good experience. I had a phone interview during which I was asked about basic Machine Learning algorithms and a programming question. The interview was for almost an hour. The questions were more situation based and the interview was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • write an algorithm to calculate the edit distance between two strings   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Had a referral from a linkedin recruiter. I had a phone interview with someone from the corporate office within a couple weeks. It was mostly problem solving and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Where would you put a inventory/distribution center and why? Name some of the products you are familiar with, what is your favorite product.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2013.

First round was an mcq round having questions from: Quantitative aptitude, c, c++, java, operating system and 2 coding questions.
    Second round was technical interview: questions on arrays, linked list and trees were asked.
    Third round: it was hr round. typical hr questions were asked

Intern Interview

The interviewer straight up asked to solve coding questions and didn't give any time for introductions or discussing about what I'd done. He was typing something on the laptop the whole time and was very slow in responding to questions, he was almost oblivious to the fact that I was sitting in front of him and trying to tell him something. He chucked aside any alternate solutions I gave to him and wanted me to come up with the exact algorithm he wanted.

Intern Interview

I applied through my college or university in July 2014, the company came to the campus and the selection process consisted of multiple rounds.
    Internship interview details:
    First Round:
    It consisted of an online test including aptitude and technical(coding). The test had 22 questions on C, C++, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Data Structures and logical and quantitative ability. There were two coding questions also which had to be coded in either C,C++ or Java.
    Second and further rounds consisted of technical and HR interviews by the company.
    The duration of the internship was from six months to an year.

Interview Questions
    • The coding questions were of medium difficulty level and one of them demanded to write the balancing code snippet for a binary tree to check whether it is balanced or not.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

two interviews - on phone.

Interview Questions
    • determine if two strings have the same suffix. The strings will be given in a list format
      eg : C -> A -> P -> A -> B -> L -> E

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

After completing a written exercise, I was invited for a telephone interview. The interview wasn't too difficult. There were few questions about my degree and my experience with teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when you improved a product, despite you were receiving a positive feedback from customers.   Answer Question