Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
85 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interview Details – Initially 2 rounds of phone interviews

Interview Question – find all the list of words from a letter matrix   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – After applying to the Amazon legal internship through the Amazon Careers website, I was contacted by a recruiter to sit for a series of interviews. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received a follow-up declination less than 3 days after the interviews. Because this position of an educational nature and was advertised through my school, I do not agree with Amazon's policy refusing to provide applicants with feedback. Try to find out precisely what they are looking for and what division within the department you will be interviewing for before the interview because the recruiters are inaccessible after the interview process.

Interview Question – How would you recommend we approach the following scenario?: A vendor wants to require Amazon to obtain consent from the vendor each time the vendor's trade name is to be used.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had given my resume to an on campus recruiter and I was called in for an interview. The interview consisted of four half an hour sessions that were a mix of both technical and behavioral. I was interviewing for a business internship and the people who conducted the interview were impressively intelligent and all had their MBA's.

Interview Question – What was your biggest failure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had two telephonic interview. It was great talking to the interviewers. They asked 4 easy questions related to linkedlist, binary search and sorting.

Interview Question – All the questions were very basic.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews each 45 mins. The first round has two questions and it was technical and no behavioral questions. In the second round, I was asked about my work experience, my project. Then I was asked one technical questions which took up the entire 45 mins. The first round was a bit easy and the second round was a difficult one.

Interview Question – Basic data structure questions and array related questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online after viewing a job posting on my University's career's website. Two Separate interviews were conducted, spaced within a few hours of each other. The first had two interviews on the phone taking turns asking questions, while the second interview had a single interviewer. I was asked questions about past experiences, jobs, etc. Some algorithmic questions were also asked.

Interview Question – Calculate the distance between two hands on a clock.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I applied online and later received an email for two back to back phone interviews.After the firstround,i was requested for a third phone interview.

Interview Question – Very general questions surrounding algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by recruiter three weeks after I submitted resume on Campus career fair.

Two interviews, each goes to 45 minutes.
Two technical questions were asked during each interview. And there are some other general questions.

I got an offer after 4 days.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Got an email saying they liked my resume and I scheduled for an interview on campus (this was at UCSD). The interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. They were very nice people and very helpful when I was stuck on some code. Interesting interview. Heard back the day after and did not get the offer.

Interview Question – What is your favorite day of the week?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – was initially the same as everyone;s. but took two weeks to get results

Interview Question – find winner in lsit of tournament matches   Answer Question