Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Email from recruiter to set up phone interview. Set up two hour long interviews right after another. Questions were technical and behavioral in nature.

Second interviewer seemed to be distracted. I explained my thought process and ideas to his questions, but he didn't seem to be too focused. Ultimately ended interview earlier than allotted time.

Interview Questions

• Find maximum depth of a tree.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Initially 2 rounds of phone interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Bloomington, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

On campus interview, the first interview was case based. They gave you a simple math problem to complete ahead of time and then you had to explain it to the interviewer. She then changed details of the problem and asked you to solve it again. It was difficult to even follow what she was asking for.

The second part was a typical behavioral interview, the more you know about the lingo at Amazon, the better!

Intern Interview

Interview

After applying to the Amazon legal internship through the Amazon Careers website, I was contacted by a recruiter to sit for a series of interviews. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received a follow-up declination less than 3 days after the interviews. Because this position of an educational nature and was advertised through my school, I do not agree with Amazon's policy refusing to provide applicants with feedback. Try to find out precisely what they are looking for and what division within the department you will be interviewing for before the interview because the recruiters are inaccessible after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you recommend we approach the following scenario?: A vendor wants to require Amazon to obtain consent from the vendor each time the vendor's trade name is to be used.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied through recruiter for a position as a Software Development Intern. Had two interviews 45min each.

Interview Questions

• Read Cracking the coding interview to prepare. Nothing outside of expectations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

I had two phone interviews each 45 mins. The first round has two questions and it was technical and no behavioral questions. In the second round, I was asked about my work experience, my project. Then I was asked one technical questions which took up the entire 45 mins. The first round was a bit easy and the second round was a difficult one.

Interview Questions

• Basic data structure questions and array related questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Interview

Internal recommendation gets you an interview. The interview itself was one day with 5 different interviewers, some working in pairs. Some people focus more on behavior others ask mini case like questions.

Interview Questions

• What 3 metrics do you think are most important to watch and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online and later received an email for two back to back phone interviews.After the firstround,i was requested for a third phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions surrounding algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Got an email saying they liked my resume and I scheduled for an interview on campus (this was at UCSD). The interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. They were very nice people and very helpful when I was stuck on some code. Interesting interview. Heard back the day after and did not get the offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

was initially the same as everyone;s. but took two weeks to get results