Amazon.com

Updated Oct 28, 2014

3.3

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

After applying to the Amazon legal internship through the Amazon Careers website, I was contacted by a recruiter to sit for a series of interviews. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I received a follow-up declination less than 3 days after the interviews. Because this position of an educational nature and was advertised through my school, I do not agree with Amazon's policy refusing to provide applicants with feedback. Try to find out precisely what they are looking for and what division within the department you will be interviewing for before the interview because the recruiters are inaccessible after the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • How would you recommend we approach the following scenario?: A vendor wants to require Amazon to obtain consent from the vendor each time the vendor's trade name is to be used.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in May 2013.

Applied through recruiter for a position as a Software Development Intern. Had two interviews 45min each.

Interview Questions
    • Read Cracking the coding interview to prepare. Nothing outside of expectations   Answer Question
    Non negotiable.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I had two phone interviews each 45 mins. The first round has two questions and it was technical and no behavioral questions. In the second round, I was asked about my work experience, my project. Then I was asked one technical questions which took up the entire 45 mins. The first round was a bit easy and the second round was a difficult one.

Interview Questions
    • Basic data structure questions and array related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

I applied online and later received an email for two back to back phone interviews.After the firstround,i was requested for a third phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very general questions surrounding algorithms and data structures.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Got an email saying they liked my resume and I scheduled for an interview on campus (this was at UCSD). The interview consisted of 2 45 minute interviews. They were very nice people and very helpful when I was stuck on some code. Interesting interview. Heard back the day after and did not get the offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

was initially the same as everyone;s. but took two weeks to get results

2 back to back phone interviews, 45 min each with a 15 min break inbetween

Interview Questions
    • Given an 2D array of 1s and 0s, find the number of "islands" of 1s   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

I was contacted by recruiter three weeks after I submitted resume on Campus career fair.

Two interviews, each goes to 45 minutes.
    Two technical questions were asked during each interview. And there are some other general questions.

I got an offer after 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Given an integer array, find two numbers that sum up to a given number.   Answer Question
    • Find last K elements of a linked list.   View Answer
    • What is the most difficult project you have done?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

2 sets of 45minutes phone interview with 15 minutes break in the middle. The first round is a general data structure question. It is not that hard but you need to be familiar with frequently used data structure like arraylist, linkedlist, stack, queue, hashtable and so on to solve the problem. the second round is a harder algorithm problem.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

I submitted my resume through the website and get back from the recruiter after one month. There are two back to back phone interviews, each last 45 minutes. The questions are generally data structures such as Hashtble and how to handle collison and some OOP concept like what is polymorphism, encapsulation and inheritance.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse string and follow up questions with reverse word, e.g. : Hello world -> world Hello.   Answer Question
    • Common Lowest Ancestor   Answer Question