Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014

3.3

86 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

I got a email for noticing me which I got a interview in two days. when i had the interview, the interview was the phone interview, and i had two phone call and each is 45 mins with two people, and got 15 mins for break after a call. The interview was used the online white broad for coding.

Interview Questions
  • find longest increasing integer seq from a string type integer seq.   Answer Question
  • coding binary search for finding a value's position in a sort array   Answer Question
  • object-oriented class with data structure and algorithms.example i had was to find out the top music and top band   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

2 back to back phone interviews, 45 min each with a 15 min break inbetween

Interview Questions
    • Given an 2D array of 1s and 0s, find the number of "islands" of 1s   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

I submitted my resume through the website and get back from the recruiter after one month. There are two back to back phone interviews, each last 45 minutes. The questions are generally data structures such as Hashtble and how to handle collison and some OOP concept like what is polymorphism, encapsulation and inheritance.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse string and follow up questions with reverse word, e.g. : Hello world -> world Hello.   Answer Question
    • Common Lowest Ancestor   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

2 sets of 45minutes phone interview with 15 minutes break in the middle. The first round is a general data structure question. It is not that hard but you need to be familiar with frequently used data structure like arraylist, linkedlist, stack, queue, hashtable and so on to solve the problem. the second round is a harder algorithm problem.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Telephonic Interview. Had it in 2- steps of 45 minutes each with a 15 minutes break in between.

Interview Questions
    • Tricky Questions on Algorithm. One question was asked on merging two linked lists with given order of 3rd link list. Other question asked by different interviewer was somewhat similar with different logic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Contacted me after sending a resume to their website. Gave me two 45 minute phone interviews, pretty technical.

Interview Questions
    • Difference Between Abstract class and interface?   Answer Question
    • Given an array, return a data structure that contains all elements which occur an odd number of times?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and they got back to me asking to interview about a week later. About 3 days later I had two 45 minute interviews on campus over two days. The entire process was smooth, with the HR people being quick to respond to emails and set up interview times.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a long question about string manipulation, requiring most of the interview time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2011.

Process went ok. Had two interviewers who both had a cold demeanor. Interview began with behavioral questions and then went on to two technical questions. One question was a problem solving scenario question and the other was a programming problem.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a doubly linked list given a pointer to the head node.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Two phone interviews in a row. Industry standard questions, focused on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • So many follow up questions. Requested to find optimized solutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Jolla, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

The interview process was on-campus at my local college and consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Everything was run super smoothly, I signed up for a interview time through the campus online system and was twice placed in rooms with my interviewers. My interviewers were nice and responsive, and after finishing the designated interview, responded kindly to a lot of my questions I had about how their respective teams @ Amazon contributed to the company as a whole and how much they enjoyed their jobs.