Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
84 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – I got a email for noticing me which I got a interview in two days. when i had the interview, the interview was the phone interview, and i had two phone call and each is 45 mins with two people, and got 15 mins for break after a call. The interview was used the online white broad for coding.

Interview Questions

• find longest increasing integer seq from a string type integer seq.   Answer Question
  • coding binary search for finding a value's position in a sort array   Answer Question
  • object-oriented class with data structure and algorithms.example i had was to find out the top music and top band   Answer Question

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – 2 back to back phone interviews, 45 min each with a 15 min break inbetween

Interview Question – Given an 2D array of 1s and 0s, find the number of "islands" of 1s   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through the website and get back from the recruiter after one month. There are two back to back phone interviews, each last 45 minutes. The questions are generally data structures such as Hashtble and how to handle collison and some OOP concept like what is polymorphism, encapsulation and inheritance.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – 2 sets of 45minutes phone interview with 15 minutes break in the middle. The first round is a general data structure question. It is not that hard but you need to be familiar with frequently used data structure like arraylist, linkedlist, stack, queue, hashtable and so on to solve the problem. the second round is a harder algorithm problem.

Interview Question – write dynamic programming for recursion   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview. Had it in 2- steps of 45 minutes each with a 15 minutes break in between.

Interview Question – Tricky Questions on Algorithm. One question was asked on merging two linked lists with given order of 3rd link list. Other question asked by different interviewer was somewhat similar with different logic.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted me after sending a resume to their website. Gave me two 45 minute phone interviews, pretty technical.

Interview Questions

• Difference Between Abstract class and interface?   Answer Question
  • Given an array, return a data structure that contains all elements which occur an odd number of times?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and they got back to me asking to interview about a week later. About 3 days later I had two 45 minute interviews on campus over two days. The entire process was smooth, with the HR people being quick to respond to emails and set up interview times.

Interview Question – They asked a long question about string manipulation, requiring most of the interview time.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2011.

Interview Details – Process went ok. Had two interviewers who both had a cold demeanor. Interview began with behavioral questions and then went on to two technical questions. One question was a problem solving scenario question and the other was a programming problem.

Interview Question – Reverse a doubly linked list given a pointer to the head node.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews in a row. Industry standard questions, focused on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Question – So many follow up questions. Requested to find optimized solutions.   Answer Question

La Jolla, CA

Interview Details – The interview process was on-campus at my local college and consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Everything was run super smoothly, I signed up for a interview time through the campus online system and was twice placed in rooms with my interviewers. My interviewers were nice and responsive, and after finishing the designated interview, responded kindly to a lot of my questions I had about how their respective teams @ Amazon contributed to the company as a whole and how much they enjoyed their jobs.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com