Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

2 back to back phone interviews, 45 min each with a 15 min break inbetween

Interview Questions

• Given an 2D array of 1s and 0s, find the number of "islands" of 1s   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter three weeks after I submitted resume on Campus career fair.

Two interviews, each goes to 45 minutes.
    Two technical questions were asked during each interview. And there are some other general questions.

I got an offer after 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Given an integer array, find two numbers that sum up to a given number.   Answer Question
    • Find last K elements of a linked list.   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult project you have done?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

2 sets of 45minutes phone interview with 15 minutes break in the middle. The first round is a general data structure question. It is not that hard but you need to be familiar with frequently used data structure like arraylist, linkedlist, stack, queue, hashtable and so on to solve the problem. the second round is a harder algorithm problem.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the website and get back from the recruiter after one month. There are two back to back phone interviews, each last 45 minutes. The questions are generally data structures such as Hashtble and how to handle collison and some OOP concept like what is polymorphism, encapsulation and inheritance.

Interview Questions

• Reverse string and follow up questions with reverse word, e.g. : Hello world -> world Hello.   Answer Question
    • Common Lowest Ancestor   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview

I got a email for noticing me which I got a interview in two days. when i had the interview, the interview was the phone interview, and i had two phone call and each is 45 mins with two people, and got 15 mins for break after a call. The interview was used the online white broad for coding.

Interview Questions

• find longest increasing integer seq from a string type integer seq.   Answer Question
    • coding binary search for finding a value's position in a sort array   Answer Question
    • object-oriented class with data structure and algorithms.example i had was to find out the top music and top band   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a very thourough process, that encouraged two-way communication.

Interview Questions

• In what ways do you dive deep into your work and projects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I had given my resume to an on campus recruiter and I was called in for an interview. The interview consisted of four half an hour sessions that were a mix of both technical and behavioral. I was interviewing for a business internship and the people who conducted the interview were impressively intelligent and all had their MBA's.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and they got back to me asking to interview about a week later. About 3 days later I had two 45 minute interviews on campus over two days. The entire process was smooth, with the HR people being quick to respond to emails and set up interview times.

Interview Questions

• They asked a long question about string manipulation, requiring most of the interview time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2013.

Interview

They came at the career fair, and I was asked to book an interview slot. The people were good, introduced themselves and came straight to the point i.e. the programming question...they didnt talk much in between and were listening carefully to what I was saying

Interview Questions

• simple questions - find a substring of a string and design a library system. You are supposed to ask questions for the latter and clarify the functionality and requirements   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Had two telephonic interview. It was great talking to the interviewers. They asked 4 easy questions related to linkedlist, binary search and sorting.