Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted me after sending a resume to their website. Gave me two 45 minute phone interviews, pretty technical.

Interview Questions

• Difference Between Abstract class and interface?   Answer Question
  • Given an array, return a data structure that contains all elements which occur an odd number of times?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Interview

Telephonic Interview. Had it in 2- steps of 45 minutes each with a 15 minutes break in between.

Interview Questions

• Tricky Questions on Algorithm. One question was asked on merging two linked lists with given order of 3rd link list. Other question asked by different interviewer was somewhat similar with different logic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews in a row. Industry standard questions, focused on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• So many follow up questions. Requested to find optimized solutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (La Jolla, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was on-campus at my local college and consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Everything was run super smoothly, I signed up for a interview time through the campus online system and was twice placed in rooms with my interviewers. My interviewers were nice and responsive, and after finishing the designated interview, responded kindly to a lot of my questions I had about how their respective teams @ Amazon contributed to the company as a whole and how much they enjoyed their jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was kind of difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a phone interview.
    Two interview meeting were scheduled with 15 min of time interval between them.
    each interview was for an hour.
    1st interview was Basic data Structure questions and coding.
    The second one was also basic Data structure questions followed by a coding question.

After interview process is over, you are free to quesiton them about the company and general doubts and after a week I got a confirmation call to join them.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

2 One on One interviews

Find all pairs of nodes that sum upto twice the root value in a BST

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Two one to one interview on college campus. Both interviewers were really good. Helped me when i got held with issues while coding. Was asked to write working code on whiteboard.

Over all the interview experience was really good.

Interview Questions

• how to find a number in a circularly sorted array?   2 Answers

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I had 2 45 minute interviews over the phone. There was an option to share code which can be viewed at the other end. Else code could be dictated. The interview started with general resume questions before we dived into the technical questions

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Questions asked:
    Why Amazon?
    What is the difference between a List and an Array?
    What is a class?
    What is a hashtable? How to implement?
    Design an algorithm to find common subsequence between two strings.

The interviewer was nice and interview experience was generally not bad. I was not so well prepared. Might apply for amazom program next year when I graduate.

Interview Questions

• Design an algorithm to find the common sequence of two strings   Answer Question