Amazon.com

3.3

88 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

The interview process was on-campus at my local college and consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Everything was run super smoothly, I signed up for a interview time through the campus online system and was twice placed in rooms with my interviewers. My interviewers were nice and responsive, and after finishing the designated interview, responded kindly to a lot of my questions I had about how their respective teams @ Amazon contributed to the company as a whole and how much they enjoyed their jobs.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

The interview was kind of difficult

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

It was a phone interview.
    Two interview meeting were scheduled with 15 min of time interval between them.
    each interview was for an hour.
    1st interview was Basic data Structure questions and coding.
    The second one was also basic Data structure questions followed by a coding question.

After interview process is over, you are free to quesiton them about the company and general doubts and after a week I got a confirmation call to join them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

2 One on One interviews

Find all pairs of nodes that sum upto twice the root value in a BST

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Two one to one interview on college campus. Both interviewers were really good. Helped me when i got held with issues while coding. Was asked to write working code on whiteboard.

Over all the interview experience was really good.

NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

I had 2 45 minute interviews over the phone. There was an option to share code which can be viewed at the other end. Else code could be dictated. The interview started with general resume questions before we dived into the technical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

Questions asked:
    Why Amazon?
    What is the difference between a List and an Array?
    What is a class?
    What is a hashtable? How to implement?
    Design an algorithm to find common subsequence between two strings.

The interviewer was nice and interview experience was generally not bad. I was not so well prepared. Might apply for amazom program next year when I graduate.

Interview Questions
    • Design an algorithm to find the common sequence of two strings   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in November 2011.

Process went ok. Had two interviewers who both had a cold demeanor. Interview began with behavioral questions and then went on to two technical questions. One question was a problem solving scenario question and the other was a programming problem.

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a doubly linked list given a pointer to the head node.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.

They asked me several questions related to Data Structures and Algorithms. Also how would I device a GPS. There were two back to back telephonic interviews. The first interviewer forgot to call initially and called 30 minutes later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

Interviewed on-campus for a MBA internship position.
    The recruiting process consisted in two rounds.
    The first round was a 1:1 45 minutes interview consisting of some fit questions and a simple business case with some maths.

I successfully accessed the second round which was basically the same thing except that there were two interviews in a row with two different people.

Did not get an offer at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to work in a stable or unstable environment?   Answer Question