Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
84 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 45 minute interviews over the phone. There was an option to share code which can be viewed at the other end. Else code could be dictated. The interview started with general resume questions before we dived into the technical questions

Interview Question – None as such   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview.
Two interview meeting were scheduled with 15 min of time interval between them.
each interview was for an hour.
1st interview was Basic data Structure questions and coding.
The second one was also basic Data structure questions followed by a coding question.

After interview process is over, you are free to quesiton them about the company and general doubts and after a week I got a confirmation call to join them.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was kind of difficult

Interview Question – Give a description of most challenging project taken   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two one to one interview on college campus. Both interviewers were really good. Helped me when i got held with issues while coding. Was asked to write working code on whiteboard.

Over all the interview experience was really good.

Interview Question – how to find a number in a circularly sorted array?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – NA

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2011.

Interview Details – They asked me several questions related to Data Structures and Algorithms. Also how would I device a GPS. There were two back to back telephonic interviews. The first interviewer forgot to call initially and called 30 minutes later.

Interview Question – Design a GPS   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview Details – 2 One on One interviews

Find all pairs of nodes that sum upto twice the root value in a BST

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2011.

Interview Details – Questions asked:
Why Amazon?
What is the difference between a List and an Array?
What is a class?
What is a hashtable? How to implement?
Design an algorithm to find common subsequence between two strings.

The interviewer was nice and interview experience was generally not bad. I was not so well prepared. Might apply for amazom program next year when I graduate.

Interview Question – Design an algorithm to find the common sequence of two strings   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2010.

Interview Details – 5 rounds

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed on-campus for a MBA internship position.
The recruiting process consisted in two rounds.
The first round was a 1:1 45 minutes interview consisting of some fit questions and a simple business case with some maths.

I successfully accessed the second round which was basically the same thing except that there were two interviews in a row with two different people.

Did not get an offer at the end.

Interview Question – Do you prefer to work in a stable or unstable environment?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2011.

Interview Details – submit a resume online,got a email to schedule telephone interview which will consist of two rounds
HR person is pretty helpful

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com