Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2012.

Interview

A telephone interview of 45 minutes. First part was about coding questions. The interviewer asked me to write down the numbers: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21... and then asked me what was the relation between these numbers, he asked me alse to code the function that gives this sequence. I had after that to analyze the code and say if there was a more efficient way to calculate the sequence. After that we discussed the differences between functional programming and the imperative one. Second part was about architecture and code design. He asked me how to design a Parking lot system.

Interview Questions

• As I proposed a design for the the parking lot application, the interviewer added more and more functionalities and requirements which broke my design and force me to rethink it again and again   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Went through the phone screen. It is more of a technical manager position than a leadership role. Although I was told I'm interviewing with the "hiring manager" she sounded more like an engineer. The session was more like a Q&A than an exchange on the role or my experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an Item service for Amazon?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went through initial stages of recruitment process for interviews in Sydney. Spoke to HR person for 20 mins on the phone, was then directed to do a technical test. Test consisted of two simple programming problems with 1/2 hr time limit for each. Would have been easy, except you can't compile run or test your code in the web browser environment for test, unlike just about every other online coding envirnment, eg ideone.com. When I discovered this I frantically tried to get my dev env up and running on my local machine and wasted some time and only had 15 mins left for the second question, which I didn't complete. Anyway, would have been nice to know more about how the test worked in advance...

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

50mins phone screen

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Amazon’s interview process is sure one of the toughest to crack, especially since they come with a very specific list of skills. Amazon’s interview process is intended to analyse one on the basis of a set of data points and the cumulative of all data points are taken to find the final result. It must also be noted that if one candidate fails to satisfy the company’s requirement even on one data point he or she will be eliminated instantly.

Interview Questions

• The preliminary test The technical interviews ( 3 – 4 interviews in the span of a day)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

get a phone interview and a on site

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Was contacted for a 1on 1 phone interview

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were medium to difficult level algorithm questions. Nothing extra-ordinary.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

1 hour phone interview by two different people. Was asked to write code through some virtual webpage that enables the interviewer to watch the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

1 hour phone screen followed by 1-day onsite interviews. Small pseudo-code programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Just know your data structures: hash tables, binary search, b-trees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Some data structure problems, like reverse linked list, print all the path of a BST.