Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Technical Program Manager Interview

Interview

A recruiter from Amazon contacted me, stating that he found my resume in the company DB and if I was interested in a Technical Project Manager role. After the initial screening they asked me to complete a online test. I was expecting management related question, but I was surprised to see technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a test scenario for copying a file from one location to another using a wireless connection/   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1 phone interview with hiring manager then in person with 5 people

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour. Lots of behavioral type questions. One technical question. The interviewer was easy to talk with and professional. Most of the questions were others I found on this website, so I felt prepared. The biggest reason (I think) I didn't move further in the process was because my experience in a key area was simply weaker than they wanted.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Same set of behavioral questions repeated by various individuals

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

First phone interview was very straight forward and simple. Asked about basic troubleshooting process for local machine. Second interview was far more advanced and contained technical questions regarding everything from experience with SQL, JAVA, web server admin troubleshooting experience, and network administration.

Interview Questions

• If you were for example the web server admin for google and you received an upset call from your client complaining that he and his friend receive error failures when attempting to connect to google.com, how would you attempt to troubleshoot the problem?   Answer Question

Interview

The job posting was on Craigslist. I never met a potential employer in person. I went through three phone interviews for the job before being offered the position. They never gave me a call back number so it would be difficult to get in touch with anyone if you were to miss the phone call.

Interview Questions

• At Amazon we hire the "best of the best". What makes you the "best of the best"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

CSA Interview

Interview

Grammer written test followed by versant round and HR and Operations round

Principal Engineer Interview

Interview

Awesome questions, great people, very interesting interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most interesting bug you have ever discovered   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

Received email and schedule for introductory interview phone call from HR with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The call did not happen as scheduled. Emailed HR to follow-up, but no response.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

One phone interview asking your experience and background