Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
4,606 candidate interviews

Interview Details – 3 phone interview, 1 on-site interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Contacted via Linked In by a recruiter and a phone interview was set up. Was called by a developer on the team and used Collabedit to work out the programming questions. Questions were purely technical, nothing about your background or work experience. It's been awhile since I did this stuff in college, so worked through them the best I could. Interviewer was cool though and answered questions about the company. Going to study up and practice problem solving and try again.

Interview Question – Code an algorithm to find the longest palindrome in a string.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Did my best to impress. Nearly all the young interviewees were offered positions with the company. Looks like you'll work long hours and it will be difficult. Would be interesting to know what most Area/Ops Managers that remain with the company are doing 5 years after hire.

Interview Question – Just treat everyone with respect!   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details – Math question was easy. Be prepared for curve balls. Be clear, concise.

Interview Question – Math question   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Data Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – two phone interview sofar

Interview Question – in the end of the interview he asked if I have any question:
I asked what is the responsibilities and duties for this position: he answered I don't know. I am not in this group
then I asked what kind of model you are using
he answered I cannot share this kind of information (he just could say for example statistical models).
  Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

Brand Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Amazon uses the STAR interview process which contains 4-5 questions. In addition to the STAR questions, there's one case study question.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you've implemented a change for your supervisor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through other source - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via LinkedIn and a technical telephone interview was setup. The technical interviewer had a fairly strong Indian (I think) accent and I found it difficult to understand him. Which made it very difficult to participate in the interview. In retrospect I should have just said that I couldn't understand him and tried to work something else out.

Interview Question – Was only asked one question. Given a Single Linked List print its values in reverse order. I provided some solutions but interviewer was looking for use of recursion.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – I applied through a HR and then I had two 45 minutes phone interviews back to back. Both of the phone interviews were extremely technical and required you to code on google docs. In the beginning of both interviews, I was asked simple technical questions like what is hashtable and linked list and basic data structure questions. I screwed up coding part for both my interviews.

Interview Question – Coding Breadth First Search(I had yet to learn Breadth First Search in school).   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Interview

Business Intelligence

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – Phone Interview

Interview Question – All technical questions.
SQL and statistics knowledge questions.
  Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details – Contacted via email for phone interview. Thinking it was a secretary scheduling the interview for her "boss". WRONG. It was just one person scheduling for another. Some 21 y/o punk called me. The interview lasted about 30 minutes during which I had a Q/A and found out that the only training was for phone interviews. Not understanding the answer I questioned further and was told "everyone does the phone interviews". Weird, I would think that they would be performed by hiring managers who have experience with that sort of stuff and train the staff on the products and services offered.
The interview was done over a speaker phone and because of the horrible connection I had to keep asking him to repeat the questions. When I asked to be removed from speaker, he answered "I need it to type on my computer" Isn't that was pen and paper are for? Or better yet a headset? Professionalism was not a concern.

Interview Question – Asked if I had ever worked with the public, when I answered 'Yes' he asked further questions for inquiry. Come to find out what he meant to say was "The Public Sector" as opposed to the private. Meaning have I ever worked for the Government. Did you look at my resume? That's why I sent it to you.
I applied for a job in sales, I was interviewed for a different job and was told by the fresh new hire that HE would not be recommending me for the position because he did not feel I met his standards. Sorry I do not talk like a Kardashian
  View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com interview questions and advice. All 4,606 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.