Amazon.com Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

3.1

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It is on campus interview, two rounds, each round is 1:1, and 45mins, the difficulty is average difficulty, I think it should more difficult than online test. Because I am asked one difficult question which needs trial or three pointer to solve it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and also turned in my resume at a career fair. I received a phone int within a week because I had a competing offer deadline. They were able to expedite my interview and decision process because of this. There was no on site interview, only a phone screen consisting of questions that were based mostly on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• How would you parse a string consisting of varying types of brackets to ensure that brackets match up properly?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online in October 2014 for Summer SDE Intern. The HR scheduled a phone interview call. The phone interview was a coding interview. The interviewer asked me 2 coding questions and a general HR question , Why Amazon?

Interview Questions

• 1. Print all paths in a tree 2.Given an array , shift all zeros to the end in time O(n)?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

There was only a phone screen, no on site. I had two technical interviews, one right after the other. It was done over the phone, with a collaborative coding site open on both of our browsers. I was expected to explain my thinking and do some coding at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How would you design the control system for an elevator?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate, as it was an internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process. We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site..

idk

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2015.

Interview

Two rounds - Very Simple. First round was to debug 6 simple code samples. Had 20 minutes to solve. 2nd Round, was telephonic, where interviewer asked to write code on the dashboard (don't remember the name of the code portal)

Interview Questions

• Q1) Reverse a singly linked list. Q2) Find if String A contains String B. Q3) Design a cache system on the local machine and on cloud to handle 1000's of images on cloud. Such that it takes minimum response time to respond to user query.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in July 2015.

Interview

EU financial analyst intern. 4 round 1:1 interview. 45mins each round. both behavioral and technical ones. should be prepared if the position needs excel or SQL skill. even you can not answer all the technical questions it is not a big problem. just be honest.

Interview Questions

• specify a situation that you need to use analytical still   Answer Question
    • a experience that you reinvent a process or a project even though people are satisfied with the current status.   Answer Question
    • anything or project you have done before that you think it would be better.   Answer Question
    • Go over through the CV very detail.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2015.

Interview

I had two in person interviews back-to-back. The first one was with an engineer; he just asked me to talk to him about a project I was working on and the associated challenges, likes, and dislikes. Right after that we jumped into a coding question which I cannot say specifically due to an NDA agreement. Honestly, my solution was suboptimal however, I talked through various solutions and their advantages with him (which showed my understanding of the tradeoffs between space and time complexity). I also coded it on the whiteboard very cleanly, fast and without errors. The second interview was with a manager who asked me many behavioural questions and one simple class design question. This interview went really well. We had a great chat and I had great answers to the questions I was asked. 2 weeks later I got an email with the offer. I just want people to know that it is fine if you don't think of the most optimal solution especially for a problem whose optimal solution is very hard to code on the spot. As long as you show you are capable of engineering analysis and can code cleanly and fast you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2015.

Interview

Received an email to take an online Code Test involving 8 simple debugging questions. Solving these are easy as long as you have been programming and know what common bugs are. After that, I was invited for a phone interview lasting an hour. The engineer briefly described what he does and asked what was my favorite problem I have solved. After that he asked a few technical questions that I solved 3.5/4 well enough. Up to this point the interviewing process was fine and was a positive overall experience. The negative experience followed. I expected the results of the interview 1 to 2 weeks after said interview. Although I emailed the recruiting weekly, I did not get a rejection letter until 2 MONTHS later. Now you might be wondering why it says I "Accepted Offer". Well, I received a "Congratulations" email about a month after the rejection. While this confused me, l was still ecstatic about receiving an offer. Overall, the experience with recruiting at Amazon was pretty terrible, but the interviews were straightforward and pleasant. It's crazy how a company as prestigious as Amazon can have such terrible recruiting for Interns.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates from a linked list. O(n) time.   3 Answers
    • Implement a Stack. (of ints; push, pop, peek) Implement a method that returns the smallest integer in the stack. (min) Implement a method that returns the statistical mode of the stack. (mode) O(1) time for all.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in July 2014.

Interview

Application via website. Then email from Amazon asking for a phone interview with HR department. Motivation-based interview with HR department. Another phone interview with hiring manager - short mathematical problems can be asked. Interview with hiring manager in the office. Excel 1-hour long test.

Interview Questions

• Questions are based on Amazon's leadership principles. They ask an applicant examples from life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate