Amazon.com

5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Contacted by HR through email for on-site interview. 2-hour on-site interview with 4 hiring managers. Most of the questions are scenario questions. You will need to finish a case before 1 on 1 meetings. Overall, the interview is not hard if you are prepared.

RLDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview was mainly behavioral and case question. This was the 1st round. Once you clear this,there would be a second interview, which would be based on case questions only. They try to check whether you have worked on data. Have experience in data manipulation. Also can you think analytically and have good problem solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • How will you make a metric system to evaluate late delivery of products?If you get a discounted offer to buy 50,000 movies, will u buy it?   Answer Question

Site Merchandiser/Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

This was one of the most dissapointing interview processes experiences I have encountered...the recruiter seemed inexperienced, was all over the place, did not know much about the team and communicated very poorly. He forgot to inform me that my initial scheduled phone interview was cancelled. Then he moved it to another day/time without even confirming with me if that worked with my schedule. For my second phone interview a completely different person showed up to do the interview, and I was not informed, again...not to even mention that person was not part of the team that I was interviewing for...also, unlike what I was told, that I should hear back withing 3-5 days...he forgot to follow-up for about 10 days...I attempted to contact him again and he said I wasn't a good fit...and then about another week or so I received a similar canned official and polite email from him, informing me again that it was a "no"...clearly he didn't keep track of that fact that we had had that converstation before...I expected a much better grasp and professionalism from the interviewing team...

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used a simple solution to solve a complex business problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used data to make a business decision?   Answer Question
    • They also threw an unexpected quantitative case about the success of email marketing campaigns. They give you a few metrics for 2 email marketing campaigns and ask you to compare the success of the campaigns against each other.   Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Amazon.com.

I had a first round interview that I got after talking to a recruiter. It was a 30 minute interview. They asked the usual questions. The hardest question they asked me was "Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation". The second round interview is on-site.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were crunched for time to complete an assignment and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Got mail and call from one of the hiring recruiters from the company. They were ready to take up interview almost immediately (like the next day). However, they asked when was the most convenient time. Scheduled for a telephonic interview which involved coding as well.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult question. Retrieve max three elements in an array in O(n)   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in October 2014.

I applied on line. After a week I was told to complete an assessment on personality. After being told that I passed, I got an email saying that they'll set up a phone appointment within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult/Unpected questions.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to go beyond what you job responsibility to help others.
      1. Tell me a time when you had to use your listening skills to resolve a problem.

Answer Question
    No negotiation. Interviewer told me I got the job right away! He was very softly spoken and seem to be very nice and kind. Loved it!

Fulfillment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

The interview process begins with a phone interview where they mostly tell you about the company. Next is an in-person interview which consists of learning more about the company, detailing what shifts you are eligible for and taking a drug test. Everyone is usually hired as long as you pass the drug test and background check.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Contacted by email out of the blue and asked for an on-site interview for the position. Flew to Seattle HQ and interviewed there. The process was very quick and well organized. Due to NDA I cannot discuss the format or details of the interview but the interview was very different from any other tech companies. The format and question asked were more related to actual programming than the usual questions you'd see from the book.

Interview Questions
    • The interview format was different than the usual problem, solution on whiteboard kind of interview. It was much more similar to day to day coding and related more to the job.   Answer Question

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite with 7 interviews back to back. most of them were like norrmal questions. nothing major or unexpected questions. this is very different from what i heard. couldnt see even 1 non-indian. wierd for an american company

not ready to pay more

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Applied through college, got a call that night from a recruiter and she arranged me for an interview with an engineer. The phone interview took about 1 hour and the interviewer asked a tons of technical questions. Onsite interview was intensive, interviewed by four different people. Didn't do well on basic linux system administration questions. Difference between Raid2 or RAID5, mdadm. Raid and logical volume.