Amazon.com

Updated Nov 19, 2014
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Software Development Engineer I Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Applied through the Amazon.com website and school website, got selected for an on campus interview. Consisted of 2 interviews, each 45 minutes long, and one after the other. The first one had some really challenging questions, while the second one was a breeze. After 2 weeks, got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given 2 strings, how can you determine that one string is only made of characters found in the second string.   Answer Question

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite with 7 interviews back to back. most of them were like norrmal questions. nothing major or unexpected questions. this is very different from what i heard. couldnt see even 1 non-indian. wierd for an american company

not ready to pay more

Cloud Support Associate Interview

Applied through college, got a call that night from a recruiter and she arranged me for an interview with an engineer. The phone interview took about 1 hour and the interviewer asked a tons of technical questions. Onsite interview was intensive, interviewed by four different people. Didn't do well on basic linux system administration questions. Difference between Raid2 or RAID5, mdadm. Raid and logical volume.

Software Engineer Interview

Group interview, not really hard, with 2 other candidates. Each got a part of the project to complete individually, last for a day. The first part is group discussion for an hour and interviewers will come and ask question. Then each of the candidates will assign a part of the project and do it all by ourselves. There will be 2 individual interview during afternoon, all the question is about the project you a dealing with. Nothing about your personal experience or something in the resume.

Interview Questions
    • There will be 2 individual interview during afternoon, all the question is about the project you a dealing with. Nothing about your personal experience or something in the resume.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

I applied online a few months ago and received an invitation from a recruiter to take the amazon online assessment test. It was a link to hackerank.
    The actual interview consisted of two pretty simple coding questions and a logic test part.
    I was given 30 mins for each coding question and 35 mins for the logic part(25 questions).
    NOTE: Time flies really fast during the logic session. You should work fast.

The first question had to do with string manipulation and the other question was on bit level manipulation

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Telephone interview. Took about 45 minutes. The interviewer seemed really cool. He made me feel easy before starting off. He wasn't looking for a pure finance graduate. I am from MIS and he understood where I stand when it comes to finance.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about what you've done professionally   Answer Question
    • Why amazon and why financial analyst   Answer Question
    • Did you face any difficulty while working with a co worker   View Answer
    • Financial questions on which product to choose. They want a specific answer with proper numbers.   View Answer

Wasn't able to drop courses

Software Engineer Interview

It was all technical, i was expecting first the will talk about the company culture and all. But the questions were good . Design questions required some thinking. It was an overall good experience.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

I applied online one year ago and maybe one week later, one HR contact me, and asked me if I had got the interview within half year, and I said this is the first time I applied Amazon. Then, he gave me a link and let me answer the three code questions within one and a half hours.

Interview Questions
    • Search a element in a matrix using log(n) time.   View Answer

Programmer Writer Interview

I had an informational interview with my prospective manager. He told Amazon recruiter to begin the process. I had two phone screens. Was then invited in for an interview loop. Was not offered a job. I was not aware of where I messed up the interview.

Quality Assurance Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com.

The phone screen for the position was good. The discussion with the hiring manager went well (both on phone and in person).

The in person inteview was a bit odd at times. One interviewer cancelled and some had not even read my resume. Most of the interviewers were great to talk to. One interviewer however had been up late working the night before and seemed a bit off. He asked me what programming language I was strongest in and then proceeded to ask a question in another language.

The lunch interview with the hiring manager was good. They were easy to talk with and exciting about the project.

Recruiting at Amazon seems a bit unorganized. Granted the people felt bad about their mistakes though...

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a linked list using pointers (C programming language)   Answer Question