Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

The interview process begins with a phone interview where they mostly tell you about the company. Next is an in-person interview which consists of learning more about the company, detailing what shifts you are eligible for and taking a drug test. Everyone is usually hired as long as you pass the drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Amazon?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

This was one of the most dissapointing interview processes experiences I have encountered...the recruiter seemed inexperienced, was all over the place, did not know much about the team and communicated very poorly. He forgot to inform me that my initial scheduled phone interview was cancelled. Then he moved it to another day/time without even confirming with me if that worked with my schedule. For my second phone interview a completely different person showed up to do the interview, and I was not informed, again...not to even mention that person was not part of the team that I was interviewing for...also, unlike what I was told, that I should hear back withing 3-5 days...he forgot to follow-up for about 10 days...I attempted to contact him again and he said I wasn't a good fit...and then about another week or so I received a similar canned official and polite email from him, informing me again that it was a "no"...clearly he didn't keep track of that fact that we had had that converstation before...I expected a much better grasp and professionalism from the interviewing team...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used a simple solution to solve a complex business problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used data to make a business decision?   Answer Question
    • They also threw an unexpected quantitative case about the success of email marketing campaigns. They give you a few metrics for 2 email marketing campaigns and ask you to compare the success of the campaigns against each other.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online a few months ago and received an invitation from a recruiter to take the amazon online assessment test. It was a link to hackerank.
    The actual interview consisted of two pretty simple coding questions and a logic test part.
    I was given 30 mins for each coding question and 35 mins for the logic part(25 questions).
    NOTE: Time flies really fast during the logic session. You should work fast.

The first question had to do with string manipulation and the other question was on bit level manipulation

Interview Questions

• The logic part was not that easy for me   5 Answers

Interview

Got mail and call from one of the hiring recruiters from the company. They were ready to take up interview almost immediately (like the next day). However, they asked when was the most convenient time. Scheduled for a telephonic interview which involved coding as well.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult question. Retrieve max three elements in an array in O(n)   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Contacted by email out of the blue and asked for an on-site interview for the position. Flew to Seattle HQ and interviewed there. The process was very quick and well organized. Due to NDA I cannot discuss the format or details of the interview but the interview was very different from any other tech companies. The format and question asked were more related to actual programming than the usual questions you'd see from the book.

Interview Questions

• The interview format was different than the usual problem, solution on whiteboard kind of interview. It was much more similar to day to day coding and related more to the job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

Applied through the Amazon.com website and school website, got selected for an on campus interview. Consisted of 2 interviews, each 45 minutes long, and one after the other. The first one had some really challenging questions, while the second one was a breeze. After 2 weeks, got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 strings, how can you determine that one string is only made of characters found in the second string.   Answer Question

Oracle Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite with 7 interviews back to back. most of them were like norrmal questions. nothing major or unexpected questions. this is very different from what i heard. couldnt see even 1 non-indian. wierd for an american company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not ready to pay more

Interview

Applied through college, got a call that night from a recruiter and she arranged me for an interview with an engineer. The phone interview took about 1 hour and the interviewer asked a tons of technical questions. Onsite interview was intensive, interviewed by four different people. Didn't do well on basic linux system administration questions. Difference between Raid2 or RAID5, mdadm. Raid and logical volume.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with an angry customer   1 Answer

Interview

I received an email from the HR describing the recruiting process. The 1st phone interview is supposed to be based on Amazon values only. However, my interviewer decided otherwise and asked me only job-related questions. This was a pure waste of time. In addition, he did not speak really english really well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Interview

I missed a hiring event earlier in the week, but a friend referred me to a recruiter that contacted him earlier last month. I emailed her and had a brief conversation to ask what I'm currently doing at my job and why I'm looking to leave. Afterwards, she set me up with a 90-minute remote interview using collabedit.com. She recommended using www.topcoder.com and www.careercup.com to prepare for the interview.

Almost a week later, I had the phone/ coding interview:
    1. Find the intersection of two arrays
       a. What's the time and space complexity?
       b. Can you improve performance? i.e. What if arrays were sorted?
       c. Which sort would you choose?
       d. What if provided and unknown number of arrays?

2. Given a binary search tree, write a method to add a new node to the tree (without re-structuring)

P.S. I heard from a fellow Amazon friend that they are changing up the interview process, so I'm not sure if this is what it's moving to since he said that he had 2 45-minute interviews before proceeding to the on-site interview.