Amazon.com Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015
5,000 Interview Reviews

3.3

Programmer Writer Interview

Interview

I had an informational interview with my prospective manager. He told Amazon recruiter to begin the process. I had two phone screens. Was then invited in for an interview loop. Was not offered a job. I was not aware of where I messed up the interview.

Area Manager Interview

Interview

So far so good. Standard questions. In person interview is next week. Phone interview and screening process with recruiter went smoothly. No surprises. Be confident is the best advise I would have.

Interview

Got referral from my friend, reached back by a recruiter in about two weeks and scheduled two (or three? I don't remember) back-to-back phone interviews one week later. Received the offer in three weeks. I could choose which team I would like to join and they provided me three different options.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

First word that comes to mind - effortless. They flew me out, provided detailed information as to what to expect pre-, during-, and post-interview. The recruiter touched base prior to the interview to make sure I didn't have any last minute questions, and followed through on every expectation set. Overall, it was a lovely experience, the people seem to live the culture of supporting a great "customer experience", and it seemed they went out of their way to make sure I had a great experience!

Interview Questions

• "What's the most innovative thing you've ever created?"   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

I took a test online with 3 coding questions within a 40 minute time frame. print out a program that calculates peoples grades. that's one of them, I don't remember the rest. I got through that and got an email saying they would fly me to Washington!

They flew me down to Washington for an interview set up hotel and pretty much all the accommodations (i.e. food, taxi service), Apparently they have a lot of interviewees according to the taxi drivers. They look for the best of the crop.

I went to the interview the next day. They took me through 5 rounds of interviews. Know your Big O notation, know how to sort through a relational database, algorithms and especially know your data structures( LinkedLists, trees, etc.) I can't remember the rest of the questions specifically...

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a linkedList?   1 Answer

Fulfillment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online at amazonfulfillmentcareers.com for the new fulfillment center that just opened up in Moreno Valley, CA. Received a few emails over the following 3 weeks pertaining to the hiring process, videos and information about what it's like to work at an Amazon Fulfillment Center and when the company would begin hiring. Finally received an email inviting me to set up an interview appointment date which all dates available wouldn't be for another 3 weeks. So I picked the closest date possible and received a confirmation email a few minutes later with information on a Direct Hire Event they were having at the Hyatt Hotel in Downtown Riverside and what I should bring to the event (government issued I.D. and proof of education). Went to the hotel, followed the amazon signs which led me to about 4 tables with Amazon employees where I checked in, gave them my I.D. and P.O.E and was handed a congratulatory offer of employment, which was contingent upon successfully passing the drug test and background check, of course. They were some other people there who also received an offer of employment and the took us to a room where they discussed information on where we would be working, benefits, pay and we completed our drug test. Was told that we should receive the results of our drug test and background checks by email between 7-14 days. Did all of this within the span of an hour and we were all out the door. Easiest process I've gone through for a job and definitely the best company I've ever worked for by far.

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. contacted by recruiter to schedule technical phone screen. during the phone interview few basic CS questions about hash tables, searching algorithm and data structures. then moved to coding piece which was about implementing binary search

Interview Questions

• Designing a stack like data structure(push, pop) and a min() function which operates in constant time   1 Answer
    • You have two large 1GB plain text files stored in two computers connected by a slow connection. Most of the files is the same or they could be the same, how would you quickly determine if the files are the same and if they are different where are they different?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend of mine who is an employee. A few days following the referral I was contacted by a recruiter who asked for a current version of my resume and gave me an overview of what the team I was interviewing for did. A few days later I had a phone interview in which we discussed my background as well as solving a coding problem live on colabedit.com.

About half a week after the phone I was asked to fly up to Seattle for an on-site interview. This consisted of 4 back to back interviews (including one lunch interview). The lunch interview is all behavioral. Of the other three, 2 were about 33% behavorial, 66% whiteboard coding. The last interview felt more like a knowledge test, being asked a series of basic algorithm and data structure questions pretty rapid fire.

Having told them I had other offers outstanding, the recruited informed me that they would have a decision within the next two days. Received their decision by call the day following the interview

Interview Questions

• Be sure you know all the nitty gritty details about how various data structures are implemented   Answer Question

Interview

First there are several questions about concept in algorithm, and then two coding questions. There were two questions, both are from leetcode, similar as Path Sum and Path Sum II.

Account Executive - Amazon Local Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Headhunter contacted me via email. Then came a phone interview that was pretty simple and painless. They flew me up to Seattle based on my experience. From there it was a two hour interview (a 30 minute round-robin interview with 4 different interviewers).

Interview Questions

• One of the sessions was a simulation. Expect the unexpected during this. They will test your sales skills. Do not take no for an answer.   Answer Question