Amazon.com Interview Questions in Kennewick, WA

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Kennewick, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Went awesome! Well communicated with, via email and telephone. The interview process was a great experience and the person interviewing me was extremely nice and inviting.

Interview Questions

• I really didn't get any questions that were hard to answer...I am very experience in customer service and all of the questions were related to that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Seasonal position, so there was no negotiation! But, was told that they do keep some people on after the holidays, so I am not sure what the negotiation process will be like for people who get kept on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Kennewick, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, then received an email saying that I had been selected for an interview and was able to select from a choice of times when I was available. I was not available for any of the options because I was in school and explained this via email to HR. They were very understanding and said they could work around my schedule. The interview was over the phone and lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Standard customer service questions - how would your respond to an unhappy customer, what do you value about good customer service? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Kennewick, WA).

Interview

Apply online, called in for interview, interview last about 30 min., called the end of week for job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, job set at $11.00 an hour.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Kennewick, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring for Amazon is done online. The interview process was two parts for me. The first part was a quick online test, mostly made up of questions where you have to find answers online and copy paste them to word document. Fairly simple, they only gave you ten minutes to complete the task. Next was a formal interview. The had a few questions that were the basic "tell me about yourself." Followed by 15 senario questions when you have shown customer service or have been in those situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you clearly had an upset customer but it was not your fault or the companies, and how you went about fixing it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Kennewick, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

This company moves fast which is great. The process is a combo of phone interviews then on site. It is all behavioral style. The on site is 4 panels of 3, which were a mix of CSM's and Ops Mgrs. Then you meet with the site mgr then HR gives you a tour. The on site process is where they miss. I was interested in the job until that stage. There was an arrogance as they drilled you with the same types of questions over and over. There was no effort on their part to sell the job or company to you. The attitude was "hey, you are lucky you got this far with the great us." Few were engaging. The people seemed to like each other.
    Right before the interview, the recruiter e mailed me a group of articles and financials from the company. The impression was that this will be part of the interview. This may be to throw you off. I spent too much time trying to anticipate the questions - none were asked around these attachments. I should have spent more time going over the probable behavioral questions. I advise Amazon to skip the 4th panel and allow the candidate to shadow a CSM instead for an hour. Then the candidate can get a better feel for the job and find a reason to want it. The customer service center locations are not very attractive, so they need to do more selling to get you to want to take the job. The inteview process needs to be a 2 way street. I didn't like the total compensation talk either - that means the salary is likely too low but they cover it with a bonus when you sign on and a year later. Who cares - bills are due monthly and they continue in year two.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Kennewick, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

About a week after applying on line I was called for an interview for the next week. I had my interview on a Wednesday and got my job offer on that Friday. I started my training the next week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you didn't handle a situation as well as you could have, what would you do differently, how should you have handled the issue?   Answer Question

CSA II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Amazon.com (Kennewick, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

Walk in to the main building, take a computer test (which is very easy, 10 things to do), and then a manager interviews you if you pass the test. If you fail the test, you can re-take it after 30 or 60 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.