Amazon.com Interview Questions in Kentucky

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.3

Amazon Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Hebron, KY).

Interview

I would if I would ever receive a response from Amazon I could answer this question properly, however, I have not ever received a response with several applications that I have submitted and 2 of which were from active Amazon employees who personally hand delivered my resume and application for an Area Manager position. That was 6 months ago, and my initial application was submitted over 12 months ago. I am not sure why Amazon posts multiple positions all over the Country and the World, only to never respond in any way to YOU as a perspective candidate. Especially when there are active employees with Amazon that have provided some reasonable amount of credibility with who you are and your skill set and experience is also significant. Applying to Amazon seems like an impossible task and it is also not aligning with the core beliefs of finding the best talent out there to help Amazon grow even further. Very disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is a reasonable time to review a candidates resume?   1 Answer
    • Q: How long does it take to receive a response from Amazon HR with respect to a position that you are certainly more than qualified for?   2 Answers

Amazon Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Hebron, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email from an Amazon Recruiter. Sent him my resume and intake form. Had a 30 min phone interview about 2 weeks later. Next interview is in person at a fulfillment center about 1 week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used communication to improve a process or situation.   Answer Question
    • Math flow question that is on here. 30 employees, 28 producing, how much can they produce in a week question   Answer Question

Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Shepherdsville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy, went to integrity staffing said I needed a job, said I wasn't looking for something permanent, I got the job. I'm sure ill be let go really quick, but hopefully I'll get the job I've been waiting for.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Winchester, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone interview. The phone screen consisted of about 3 behavioral questions and a very simple math problem. At the conclusion of the phone interview, I was offered a second, in person interview at one of their facilities and was told I'd be contacted for travel arrangements. Within 3 or 4 days, I had a travel itinerary and an interview scheduled. I arrived in Kentucky about a week later. There was a dinner event for all interviewees. I'm not sure if this is standard practice. The group was rather large, and there were two rounds of interviews for the next day splitting the larger group into two smaller groups. The first part of the interview process was a tour of the facility. After this was completed, we were introduced to all of the people who would be conducting the interviews. There were 7 or 8 people, but you would interview with 4. After this introduction, we were taken to a room and given 15 minutes to complete a math problem, after which the interviews would begin. The math problem is standard math any manager would need to know in order to effectively manage business, so it's intimidating to you, this is probably not the job for you. Each interview section primarily consisted of a couple of behavioral questions and we were encouraged to think outside the box and not give typical answers. Amazon is also huge on the STAR format, so answering this way is definitely beneficial. After the questions the interviewer had for me, I was also encouraged to ask my interviewer questions. The timing works out so that this isn't an option, so you definitely would need to come prepared with unique, thought provoking questions for the interviewer. After the 4 interviews were completed, the process was over and the group was told we would be contacted after the weekend with the results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to meet expectations.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Settle, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Settle, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

Got onsite opportunity, Had 4 back to back interviews, all were standard data structure problem except one bar raiser which was dynamic programming. Did coding on blackboard and later optimized for better complexicity

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

First met the recruiting team at a career fair and later that day had a 2hrs interview with a Sr. Operations Manager. Next, a phone screen was conducted with the General Manager of the facility where I would later get an offer. I was flown to the site of the fulfillment center and had a tour of the facility, completed a math test (work rates, flow rates, etc.), and conducted several interviews that consisted of a panel of 5 leaders in that particular facility and then a 2-on-1 with the GM/HR Head. The process took approximately 4hrs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have an employee how did not meet your expectations and describe what you did about this situation. How much do you know about Amazon / our operations here in this city.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I interviewed at Amazon.com (Louisville, KY) in December 2013.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I received an invitation by email to do a webcam interview. This was the second webcam interview I've ever been asked to do, and unlike the first one, Amazon's webcam interview only gives you one shot to record answers the questions it asks. Luckily the questions were easy, with one short answer (typed response) question at the end. After a week or so, I was invited to visit a fulfillment center for a tour and 4 quick 30-minute interviews. Seeing first-hand how Amazon implements simplicity and customer-focus into every process in its fulfillment center was very interesting. I received a phone call 1.5 weeks after the visit to notify me I will not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a case study question about how to handle a situation where a worker arrived late to work.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency that Amazon works with to provide temporary labor for their "peak" period. This period is usually starts at the end of October or early November and ends after Christmas. The temp agency has every thing well organized and took you through some pre employment testing to see if you have the basic competencies that may be required at the Warehouse. After those tests were taken and you have submitted all of your proper documentation you can either be hired on the spot and given a start date or if they don't need you yet you will be notified when they will need you. There was never an interview just passing the skills test and watching a video that tells you what to expect. It was a pretty cut and dried process

Interview Questions

• It was a very easy process. No real interview you talked with a person that discussed your schedule and work assignment preference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not able to negotiate at all. they said here is the hourly wage you will be starting at. any questions?

FC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Start as a temporary full-time employee. With proven loyalty, abilities, and responsibilities, you may be selected to convert to a permanent amazon.com employee. You will be contacted via letter with instructions to start the conversion process. The process starts with a drug screening and background check. Once those are completed, an offer is made and orientation is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for amazon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating

Amazon Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Hebron, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

SMX staffing group hiring. Pleasant office space with decent seating and quick pace of getting through the interview. Wasn't a bad interview at all. Only thing actually done was a skills test to make sure that you can recognize a product. Then you did the drug test, went through a quick and clean group orientation telling you which building your would be in. You got some safety gear for your first day. And off you went with the rest of your day, start day was that weekend.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any questions in the normal sense. There was only a skills test that you had to complete. Wasn't hard at all. Not really any other questions beside a question of having reliable transportation and making sure that you could follow proper lifting instructions.   Answer Question