Amazon.com Interview Questions in Kentucky

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.3

Amazon Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Hebron, KY) in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email from an Amazon Recruiter. Sent him my resume and intake form. Had a 30 min phone interview about 2 weeks later. Next interview is in person at a fulfillment center about 1 week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used communication to improve a process or situation.   Answer Question
    • Math flow question that is on here. 30 employees, 28 producing, how much can they produce in a week question   Answer Question

Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Shepherdsville, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy, went to integrity staffing said I needed a job, said I wasn't looking for something permanent, I got the job. I'm sure ill be let go really quick, but hopefully I'll get the job I've been waiting for.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Settle, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Settle, KY) in October 2014.

Interview

Got onsite opportunity, Had 4 back to back interviews, all were standard data structure problem except one bar raiser which was dynamic programming. Did coding on blackboard and later optimized for better complexicity

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

First met the recruiting team at a career fair and later that day had a 2hrs interview with a Sr. Operations Manager. Next, a phone screen was conducted with the General Manager of the facility where I would later get an offer. I was flown to the site of the fulfillment center and had a tour of the facility, completed a math test (work rates, flow rates, etc.), and conducted several interviews that consisted of a panel of 5 leaders in that particular facility and then a 2-on-1 with the GM/HR Head. The process took approximately 4hrs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have an employee how did not meet your expectations and describe what you did about this situation. How much do you know about Amazon / our operations here in this city.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

interviewed at Amazon.com (Louisville, KY) in December 2013.

Interview

After submitting an application online, I received an invitation by email to do a webcam interview. This was the second webcam interview I've ever been asked to do, and unlike the first one, Amazon's webcam interview only gives you one shot to record answers the questions it asks. Luckily the questions were easy, with one short answer (typed response) question at the end. After a week or so, I was invited to visit a fulfillment center for a tour and 4 quick 30-minute interviews. Seeing first-hand how Amazon implements simplicity and customer-focus into every process in its fulfillment center was very interesting. I received a phone call 1.5 weeks after the visit to notify me I will not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a case study question about how to handle a situation where a worker arrived late to work.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Lexington-Fayette, KY).

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency that Amazon works with to provide temporary labor for their "peak" period. This period is usually starts at the end of October or early November and ends after Christmas. The temp agency has every thing well organized and took you through some pre employment testing to see if you have the basic competencies that may be required at the Warehouse. After those tests were taken and you have submitted all of your proper documentation you can either be hired on the spot and given a start date or if they don't need you yet you will be notified when they will need you. There was never an interview just passing the skills test and watching a video that tells you what to expect. It was a pretty cut and dried process

Interview Questions

• It was a very easy process. No real interview you talked with a person that discussed your schedule and work assignment preference.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not able to negotiate at all. they said here is the hourly wage you will be starting at. any questions?

FC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Start as a temporary full-time employee. With proven loyalty, abilities, and responsibilities, you may be selected to convert to a permanent amazon.com employee. You will be contacted via letter with instructions to start the conversion process. The process starts with a drug screening and background check. Once those are completed, an offer is made and orientation is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for amazon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

Had a phone screen that went terrible. Military recruiter said I had great content; however, the delivery was not the best. Went to interview and tour LEX2 and was offered position 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Amazon wants to hear about how you took a process and made it easier and more efficient. They are all about "new" ideas. Data driven and goal oriented are a must. Understand how to allocate labor based on Units per hour.   Answer Question

Amazon Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hebron, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Amazon.com (Hebron, KY) in November 2012.

Interview

Went through the staffing agency SMX. It was a very quick process, you take a computer assessment and they ask you various question about yourself and abilities. You take a mouth swap drug test, give your diploma, watch a short video then if you passed the drug test, you walk out with a job. I didn't go through a formal interview once hired on. We were only required to take another assessment test, once passed, you take the drug test, they review your points and then you get an email that says you have orientation. Orientation is basically a bunch of videos about the policies, code of conduct and culture of Amazon. Then fill out tax forms.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview, so I didn't receive any difficult questions. The only thing was having to pick your schedule at that moment.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Amazon.com (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very easy, almost no interview, take a saliva drug test and a background check, if all comes back, you're hired. You will work for a staffing agency in most cases and then when you convert to full-time, you will interview with someone you already know in the department you already work in. Its easy to get hired, both good and bad, easy to get a job, bad because there is basically no filtering.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working here in 5 years?   1 Answer