Amazon.com Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

3.4

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in July 2010.

Interview

There was a phone interview that was mostly performance as well as behavioral questions. After passing the 45 minute phone interview it went to an on the site interview. I was shown the facility (FC). Where I than solved a math flow problem. From there I interviewed with 2 individuals. After that, I interviewed with two more employees. I was asked to explain my math problem and how i solved it. From there they made up new numbers and problems on how to solve the problem. 5 days later I was given a contract.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, the offer was generous, and in one years time I could renegotiate a new contract. There was no reason to make waves in order to earn 3-4 thousand more.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. During the onsite interview, the HR recruiter greeted me, followed by back to back interviews with 2 interviews, then lunch interview with hiring manager, then another 2 interviews. Each interview was intense with all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were behavioral...tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview

Began with a telephone screen with hiring manager who was merely attempting to confirm credentials for the role. Once that was done, the recruiter in charge got in touch and scheduled a day long set of interviews with entire team and peer to hiring manager. The interviewers were impersonal, matter-of-fact and kept cranking away on their keyboards stopping only to ask questions. Lot of the questions were behavioural and they attempted to dig into my preparation material on Amazon and if I had studied the links provided by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Amazon is trying to build warehouses for same day delivery. Tell us what would be your criteria to determine choice of warehouse.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Usual stuff in interviews. Nice people. Very sociable. Seems like a good company to work for especially as a graduate. They are very laid back. I didn't wear a suit to both of the interviews. Business casual at most but most of the interviewers wore jeans and shorts.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Hiring process in Amazon in very strong. There are almost 9 rounds for each level. 3 telephonic and 5-6 onsite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process at Amazon is intense. For multiple management roles, I've had 7-8 interviews each time. My experiences with the people has always been positive. I've been welcomed and interviewers have been engaged and interested during the process. The questions are tough and the expectations are very high. Be prepared to get outside your comfort zone in the interviews. I appreciate that the interviews push you beyond your norm as that's what working at Amazon is like.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer drew on the dry erase board and had me work through various puzzles. He wanted to see my thought process and how I work through challenging situations - was I able to think outside the box, come up with viable solutions, etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in June 2010.

Interview

initial phone interview tests problem solving skills. more problem solving skills ensue with specific technical focus. once phone screens are cleared, on-site interviews gauge candidate against core leadership principles of the company. for technical interviews, deep technical questions (think yegge).

Interview Questions

• you are designing an elevator system. describe how and what you would design.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview

very long interview process

work profile

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com in August 2011.

Interview

Interview consisted of two phone interviews and three one on one interviews. Interview consisted of writing a two page paper on two different topics. A two panel interviews: first working though math problem and then changes to the math problem in the interview process. Then interview consisted of answering behavioral interview questions and then being allowed to ask questions. Still waiting on response from interview process

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

Have had a few phone interviews so far. Was contacted by a recruiter after applying to positions on-line. Interviewers are friendly, smart and seem to know what they are about. Interview questions are focused on gaining a clear understanding of my skills and potential.