Amazon.com Manager Interview Questions

3.4

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2010.

initial phone interview tests problem solving skills. more problem solving skills ensue with specific technical focus. once phone screens are cleared, on-site interviews gauge candidate against core leadership principles of the company. for technical interviews, deep technical questions (think yegge).

Interview Questions
  • you are designing an elevator system. describe how and what you would design.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2011.

Interview consisted of two phone interviews and three one on one interviews. Interview consisted of writing a two page paper on two different topics. A two panel interviews: first working though math problem and then changes to the math problem in the interview process. Then interview consisted of answering behavioral interview questions and then being allowed to ask questions. Still waiting on response from interview process

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2011.

An Amazon HR assistant contacted me via email to set up a date/time for a 30 mins phone interview. The phone interview was with an HR manager. She was very kind, asked the right questions (not a repetition of my cv but rather my motivations, my competencies, reasons for leaving a company and for applying to the specific role etc) and in overall the interview went well and smoothly. She asked me if I had any questions as well and told me she would forward my CV to the hiring manager and then a second phone interview with him would get scheduled, if applicable. After a week of silence I contacted via email the hr assistant to ask for info/feedback. I never heard back. I was expecting at least an automated email saying 'thank you, but no thank you', but instead I was treated with absolute indifference. Disappointed but can't say I wasn't expecting it.

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2010.

There was a phone interview that was mostly performance as well as behavioral questions. After passing the 45 minute phone interview it went to an on the site interview. I was shown the facility (FC). Where I than solved a math flow problem. From there I interviewed with 2 individuals. After that, I interviewed with two more employees. I was asked to explain my math problem and how i solved it. From there they made up new numbers and problems on how to solve the problem. 5 days later I was given a contract.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, the offer was generous, and in one years time I could renegotiate a new contract. There was no reason to make waves in order to earn 3-4 thousand more.

Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2009.

I submitted my resume and cover letter through my university and got an e-mail to set up a phone interview with one of the senior managers a month after resume drop deadline. The interview was casual and was more focused on learning more about my experiences, interests in the company and commitment to the function I was applying for. After the first phone interview, I was contacted for a second interview (with the same type of phone interview--getting to know me). The last interview, I had to fly out for an in-person interview. There was a group of 4-5 members at my panel interview and another 1:1 interview. Overall, it was a very good, not so difficult experience.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate (standard campus recruitment package)