Amazon.com Network Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.9

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA).

Interview

There was one phone interview which went very well. Completely technical for about 1 hour. Then they flew me down to Seattle for a whole day onsite interview. Campus is pretty good. The whole interview process was very thorough. What I didn't like was, they interview everyone with same questions and then decide later what position to offer you. If I would have known this before, I would have never went there. Also, I think is is unfair for people who come with a different background and experience. To make it short, CCNA candidate will get the same interview as CCIE candidate. All questions are CCIE level.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via Linked in for an invitation only recruiting event. They are looking for network engineers. After giving some preliminary information I was set up for a technical phone screen. I was told it it would be a technically in-depth interview. The interviewer called me right on time and reviewed with me who he was and why he was calling. He started out with 3 very standard interview questions like "tell me about a time when you had a difficult issue and how you worked thru it". After these standard question the technical interview started. I was asked 5 to 7 questions that seemed to be taken straight from a CCNA or CCNP exam. For example one of the questions was "explain how a MAC address forwarding table works. I asked how other interviews have been and he told me he wasn't sure how he got picked to interview but he thought it was pretty random that he was picked. So, my interviewer was inexperienced at giving interviews.

Interview Questions

• - Explain how OSPF decides how to forward traffic. - What is the difference between iBGP and eBGP and describe the issues with each - If you have mismatched native vlan on a trunk will the trunk work? Explain what happens in the protocol that determines its behavior when the native vlan is mismatched.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in august 2014. Interview was good and make sure you have good understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols. behaviour questions were excellent. loved the whole process. People taking interview were friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• 2 phone screens and brought to onsite. Interview questions are very in-depth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well, followed by onsite 5 rigorous interviews. They dig into technical and scenario based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the interview scheduler. Total process took 3 months. Two technical phone screens followed by a full day in person interview( combination of technical and behavioral)

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Interview

2 phone screens and brought to onsite. Interview questions are very in-depth.

Interview Questions

• MPLS question in CCIE level   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview which went well. Called for in person interview. Team hiring manger was in Dublin. Interview conducted both in person and long distance via phone. Interview went well. Never spoke to HR Sent email asking for follow up and got no reply. Recruiter and I attempted to get some type of information multiple times and neither of us ever received a call or email.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough... must have spoken with at least 12 different people. Original position I applied for was not best suited for me, but they quickly realized other needs I could fill, and redirected me towards those needs, rather than ending the process at that point.

Interview Questions

• without being too specific, because of NDA, the engineering questions were the type of questions that only someone with a CCIE would most likely be able to answer   Answer Question

position offered was not the direction I wanted to go professionally.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three phone interviews and an all day session of 7 consecutive in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were done by HR, the hiring manager (lunch interview) and five 45 minute technicla inerviews by various team members.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to priovide an example where the use of IP Selective ACK would be used and why   1 Answer

Base salary was low, and large amounts of travel were involved.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.com (Seattle, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

There was 2 phone interveews. After that the recruiter told me there were not interesting. First phone interveew - very junioer person. Asked me lot of questions about things not written anyvere on my resume. It was boring after while to say - no I dont know. I not think they will call me agein. Recruiter sent email that there will be 2nd interveew. This person ask interesting question. Ask me to design complicated database application. I have no problem. He also ask me trick question I dont know answer to. He was nice - tell me not my fault. At the end recruiter call me and tell me he dont want to call me in for interveew. I dont know what they look for and not find.

Interview Questions

• how to design database for company like fandango - change movies regularly, have different show times per date etc.   Answer Question