Amazon.com Network Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
10 interviews

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Initial phone interview went well, followed by onsite 5 rigorous interviews. They dig into technical and scenario based questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon.com

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Initial phone interview which went well. Called for in person interview.
    Team hiring manger was in Dublin. Interview conducted both in person and long distance via phone.
    Interview went well.
    Never spoke to HR
    Sent email asking for follow up and got no reply.
    Recruiter and I attempted to get some type of information multiple times and neither of us ever received a call or email.

Network Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

2 phone screens and brought to onsite. Interview questions are very in-depth.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2011.

Interview process was very thorough... must have spoken with at least 12 different people.

Original position I applied for was not best suited for me, but they quickly realized other needs I could fill, and redirected me towards those needs, rather than ending the process at that point.

Interview Questions
    • without being too specific, because of NDA, the engineering questions were the type of questions that only someone with a CCIE would most likely be able to answer   Answer Question

position offered was not the direction I wanted to go professionally.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2009.

There was 2 phone interveews. After that the recruiter told me there were not interesting. First phone interveew - very junioer person. Asked me lot of questions about things not written anyvere on my resume. It was boring after while to say - no I dont know. I not think they will call me agein. Recruiter sent email that there will be 2nd interveew. This person ask interesting question. Ask me to design complicated database application. I have no problem. He also ask me trick question I dont know answer to. He was nice - tell me not my fault. At the end recruiter call me and tell me he dont want to call me in for interveew. I dont know what they look for and not find.

Interview Questions
    • how to design database for company like fandango - change movies regularly, have different show times per date etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2009.

The interview process consisted of three phone interviews and an all day session of 7 consecutive in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were done by HR, the hiring manager (lunch interview) and five 45 minute technicla inerviews by various team members.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to priovide an example where the use of IP Selective ACK would be used and why   View Answer

Base salary was low, and large amounts of travel were involved.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2007.

Amazon.com has a rigorous interview process. The whole process consisted of 3 phone interviews, where we went over things like path mtu discovery and the tcp state transition diagram. The in-person interview performed onsite in Seattle was rigorous and was partially a panel interview process, and partially one-on-one. The panel consisted of more TCP questions and network management/troubleshooting questions. I got the feeling that they did a lot of TCP debugging.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the various transitions encompassed in the TCP state transition diagram.   Answer Question
    • Describe the path-mtu discovery algorithm.   Answer Question

Amazon seems like a great company to work for, I declined it because I was interviewing and eventually accepted an offer from another company.

Network Engineer Interview

behaviour questions were excellent. loved the whole process.

People taking interview were friendly and nice.

behaviour questions were excellent. loved the whole process.

People taking interview were friendly and nice.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was good and make sure you have good understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

2 x phone screens followed by a full day intensive technical onsite.

Interview Questions
    Ever try getting blood from a stone?

Network Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2009.

Amazon did an initial phone screen with me some months before - before deciding to ask me to travel to Dublin for a days worth of interviews. I did a number of interviews covering a wide range of issues within the area I'd be working.

Sadly, despite the cost of travelling to Dublin to do the interview and the giving up of a day, the only feedback I got as to why an offer wasn't made was "cultural fit".

Interview Questions

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!