Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview went well, followed by onsite 5 rigorous interviews. They dig into technical and scenario based questions.

Interview Question – All ccid level questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview which went well. Called for in person interview.
Team hiring manger was in Dublin. Interview conducted both in person and long distance via phone.
Interview went well.
Never spoke to HR
Sent email asking for follow up and got no reply.
Recruiter and I attempted to get some type of information multiple times and neither of us ever received a call or email.

Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens and brought to onsite. Interview questions are very in-depth.

Interview Question – MPLS question in CCIE level   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was very thorough... must have spoken with at least 12 different people.

Original position I applied for was not best suited for me, but they quickly realized other needs I could fill, and redirected me towards those needs, rather than ending the process at that point.

Interview Question – without being too specific, because of NDA, the engineering questions were the type of questions that only someone with a CCIE would most likely be able to answer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – position offered was not the direction I wanted to go professionally.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2009.

Interview Details – There was 2 phone interveews. After that the recruiter told me there were not interesting. First phone interveew - very junioer person. Asked me lot of questions about things not written anyvere on my resume. It was boring after while to say - no I dont know. I not think they will call me agein. Recruiter sent email that there will be 2nd interveew. This person ask interesting question. Ask me to design complicated database application. I have no problem. He also ask me trick question I dont know answer to. He was nice - tell me not my fault. At the end recruiter call me and tell me he dont want to call me in for interveew. I dont know what they look for and not find.

Interview Question – how to design database for company like fandango - change movies regularly, have different show times per date etc.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of three phone interviews and an all day session of 7 consecutive in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were done by HR, the hiring manager (lunch interview) and five 45 minute technicla inerviews by various team members.

Interview Question – Was asked to priovide an example where the use of IP Selective ACK would be used and why   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Base salary was low, and large amounts of travel were involved.

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2007.

Interview Details – Amazon.com has a rigorous interview process. The whole process consisted of 3 phone interviews, where we went over things like path mtu discovery and the tcp state transition diagram. The in-person interview performed onsite in Seattle was rigorous and was partially a panel interview process, and partially one-on-one. The panel consisted of more TCP questions and network management/troubleshooting questions. I got the feeling that they did a lot of TCP debugging.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Amazon seems like a great company to work for, I declined it because I was interviewing and eventually accepted an offer from another company.

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details – 2 x phone screens followed by a full day intensive technical onsite.

Interview Question – Everything from BGP/OSPF/MPLS/TCP/STP...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ever try getting blood from a stone?

Network Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2009.

Interview Details – Amazon did an initial phone screen with me some months before - before deciding to ask me to travel to Dublin for a days worth of interviews. I did a number of interviews covering a wide range of issues within the area I'd be working.

Sadly, despite the cost of travelling to Dublin to do the interview and the giving up of a day, the only feedback I got as to why an offer wasn't made was "cultural fit".

Interview Question – How would you design a data centre with 100 cabinets?   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!